30th May 2016, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria needed to apply for GNM Nursing course?

What is the eligibility criteria needed to apply for GNM Nursing course? Can you please give me the minimum criteria which is need to apply for the course? Please guide me with the information as soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.

30th May 2016, 08:22 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria needed to apply for GNM Nursing course?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GNM NURSING COURSE

--> Candidate must have 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology with 40% marks.

--> Minimum age = 17 years

--> Maximum age = 25 years

BEST COLLEGE FOR YOU

--> Shri Ram Murti Smarak School of Nursing (SRMSSN), Bareilly
Bareilly

--> Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust, HIHT
Dehradun

--> Yenepoya University, YU, Mangalore
Mangalore

--> Teerthanker Mahaveer University, TMU,
Moradabad

--> Aligarh Muslim University, AMU, Aligarh
Aligarh
30th May 2016, 10:52 PM
13precious

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria needed to apply for GNM Nursing course?

Eligibility Criteria:- You must have passed 12th with science stream having minimum 55% marks.

Age Criteria:- 17 to 35 years

Duration of course:- 3 & half year

GNM(General Nursing & Midwifery Staff Nurse)
31st May 2016, 01:02 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

Candidates who have completed 12th with 45% and have studied the subjects PCB and English with 45% mark are eligible for the Nursing Courses in GNM.

Nursing course is of 4 years and the Minimum age limit is 17 years and Maximum age limit is 28 years.
Also Students should be Medically fit. These details are available on the official website, You can click the link http://www.indiannursingcouncil.org/nursing-programs.asp?show=elig-crit for any kind information.
8th July 2016, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am a science student .Can I apply for GNM nursing without chemistry.
2nd October 2016, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Whether arts student( without science in 2) can go for anm nursing course?
3rd October 2016, 01:30 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for GNM Nursing

1). Minimum age for admission should be 17 years and maximum age for admission should be 35 years.

2).Educational requirements

Candidate should have passed 12th in Arts (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Philosophy) .
29th January 2017, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

I am non-medical student with the subjects physics chemistry maths. Am I eligible for GNM course
6th July 2021, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i didn't have passing marks in physics. But, i passed 12th with 67.4% .So can you please tell me can i take addmission in gnm???
30th June 2023, 02:47 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

The eligibility criteria for the General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course may vary slightly between institutions and countries. However, eligibility requirements to apply for a GNM Nursing course:

Educational Qualification: Candidates must have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board or equivalent. The qualifying examination should have been completed in the science stream with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.

Minimum Percentage: Many institutions require candidates to have achieved a minimum percentage in their 10+2 examination.

Age Limit: the minimum age for applying to a GNM course is 17 years, and the maximum age limit may vary between institutions. Some institutions may have upper age relaxations for reserved category candidates.

Medical Fitness: Candidates are typically required to provide a medical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner to ensure they are physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. This certificate may include information about general health, eyesight, hearing, and overall fitness.

Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English or the regional language of instruction may be required. Some institutions may conduct language proficiency tests or require candidates to submit proof of language proficiency.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?