6th August 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for JAM entrance exam?

i am the student of physics.i want to know that the egibility for jam exam??????????/

14th August 2011, 02:25 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: What is the eligibility for JAM entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am the student of physics.i want to know that the egibility for jam exam??????????/
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IIT - JAM EXAM

As you are student of Physics the eligibility criteria for JAM exam is as follows...

-> Bachelor’s degree with Physics as a subject for at least two years/ four semesters

-> Mathematics for at least one year/ two semesters.

-> I have attached the detailed eligibility of IIT JAM in this post for your reference.. kindly check it over...

hope the info. helps..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIT JAM ELIGIBILITY.pdf(12.8 KB, 110 views)
14th August 2011, 09:12 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility for JAM entrance exam?

The Eligibility Requirements for IIT JAM 2011 Admission are as follows :

The candidates who qualify in JAM 2011 shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IITs.

* At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC, ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree.For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).

* Proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the minimum educational qualification as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by 30th September 2011.At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of registration, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a physical fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case a candidate is not found to be physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
14th August 2011, 11:20 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility for JAM entrance exam?

JAM is the exam which is conducted by IIT from 2004-5 for the admission in M.Sc. M.SC-Ph.d joint course and dual courses.

As you said that you are the students of physica then you can apply for M.sc physics.

Eligiblity for you for the exam-

Bachelor degree with physics and maths from a recognised university.

You can see more details here-http://www.jam.examsavvy.com/2009/12/eligibility.html
19th October 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

sir! i have eyesight problem. am i eligible for mca through iit jam?
19th October 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

sir! i have eyesight problem. am i eligible for mca through iit jam?
18th January 2012, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

sir ,i am now contenuing my last year bsc . it will complete in 2012.will i appear for coming 2012 jam exam?
19th January 2012, 04:47 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is the eligibility for JAM entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Aspirant

IIT JAM i.e. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY - JOINT ADMISSION TEST is the Entrance Exam conducted by IIT's association for M.Sc course.

Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM for candidate having Physics subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------

• You should have completed Bachelor’s degree with Physics as a subject for at least two years/ four semesters and Mathematics for at least one year/ two semesters from recognized Institute/University.
  • You must secured minimum of 55% marks in above course(5% relaxation for ST/SC/PD)
  • There no restriction on age for this exam.

For detail regarding JAM exam Click Here

Application procedure for IIT JAM:
----------------------------------

You can apply fo this exam in two ways-

For filling the form offline you can get the application form either by hand or through the Post.

To fill form online visit the official website Link.The notification for the IIT JAM 2102 is not yet declared.

Good Luck...

Regards
#4G Slt#

29th February 2012, 01:29 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you should have completed Bachelor’s degree with Physics as a subject for at least two years/ four semesters and Mathematics for at least one year/ two semesters from recognized Institute/University.
You must secured minimum of 55% marks in above coursecandidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).
the qualifying degree with the minimum educational qualification as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by 30th September 2011.At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of registration
11th May 2012, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

sir... i was going to finis my b.sc (information system management),can i eligible for jam exam....pls. tel me soon sir....
15th August 2012, 08:43 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IIT - JAM EXAM

As you are student of Physics the eligibility criteria for JAM exam is as follows...

-> Bachelor’s degree with Physics as a subject for at least two years/ four semesters

-> Mathematics for at least one year/ two semesters.

-> I have attached the detailed eligibility of IIT JAM in this post for your reference.. kindly check it over...

hope the info. helps..
Attached Files
IIT JAM ELIGIBILITY.pdf(12.8 KB, 9 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?