15th August 2011, 05:45 PM
crazyshona

Eligibility criteria and syllabus for IIT JAM entrance exam?

sir,
i want to know about eligibility criteria and syllabus for iit jam entrance exam.
if possible reply me at my email id which is [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Scope, syllabus and eligibility for IIT JAM 2016? -- [New]
  2. What is IIT JAM? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?
  3. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  4. Eligibility criteria, syllabus, reference books and previous year question papers of IIT-JAM?
  5. What is IIT JAM entrance exam? Criteria for IIT JAM biotechnology entrance exam?
  6. Date of sale of IIT JAM forms? Eligibility criteria for the exam?
  7. How to do IIT JAM? What is the eligibility criteria for this exam?
  8. What is the syllabus for IIT JAM for MCA entrance exam?
  9. Eligibility criteria for appearing in JAM examination?
  10. Marks required in B.Sc for JAM IIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which are the coaching institutes for IIT JAM in Hyderabad? What is the eligibility criteria of JAM?
  12. What is the syllabus of MCA in IIT JAM? How to prepare for this entrance exam?
  13. Syllabus and Previous year Question Papers of Biotechnology for IIT JAM Exam?
  14. Reference books as per syllabus including solved question papers of previous year for IIT-JAM(Physics)?
  15. In which entrance exam to appear for Integrated PhD in IISER? Eligibility criteria and top most coaching for the entrance exam?
  16. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  17. What is the criteria for IIT JAM for Maths?
  18. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
25th August 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and syllabus for IIT JAM entrance exam?

IIT(JAM) entrence-exam greuation ke kitane year baad tak de sakate hei please sir reply
19th September 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

give me the criteria to get admitted in iit for msc
7th October 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i want to know about eligibility criteria and syllabus for iit jam entrance exam.
if possible reply me at my email id which is [email protected]
14th October 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

i am reading in bca 3rd year.can i apply for jam examination?
20th October 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

IIT jam me enterence k baad mca me addmision lena hai ...usme 12 th class me maths subject hona jaruri hai kya
22nd October 2011, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I solve the questions of the Medical Joint entrance in Bengali ? or all questions will be in English ?
30th October 2011, 05:58 PM
leo-rocks

Indian Institutes of Technology- Joint Admission Test for M. Sc, prominently referred to as, IIT JAM is conducted every year for admission into post graduate M. Sc., M. Sc.-Ph. d. (Dual degree) and other post-B. Sc. programmes at the IITs. The entrance is conducted on rotational basis by IITs. Performance of the candidates in the entrance examination determines their selection.

Eligibility for IIT JAM

The candidates must have passed the Bachelor's degree in the subject concerned or related subjects, in which they are seeking admission.

JAM qualified candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IITs:

Candidates must have secured at least 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries in all years combined) in the qualifying degree.

There is a relaxation of 5% of marks in case of SC/ST/PD category candidates.

Syllabus for IIT JAM

For Biotechnology, test paper comprises of questions on Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. Detail syllabus inclusive of all topics are mentioned below-

Biology

Taxonomy; Heredity, Genetic variation, Principles of ecology, Tissue culture, Application of enzymes, DNA, RNA, Replication, Cell cycle, Microbiology, Characterization and enumeration of virus, Bacteria; Fungi; Protozoa, Carbohydrates, Proteins; Lipids; Nucleic acids; Enzymes, Vitamins, Hormones, Metabolism, Photosynthesis, Nitrogen Fixation, Nervous system, vascular system, Immune system, Digestive system, and Reproductive System.

Chemistry

Bohr's theory, wave equation, Chemical bonding, Properties of s, p, d and block elements, Chemical equilibria, Chemical thermodynamics (first and second law), Chemical kinetics (zero, first, second and third order reactions), Electrochemistry, Hydrocarbons, alkyl halides, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, amines and their derivatives; Aromatic hydrocarbons, halides, nitro and amino compounds, phenols, carboxylic, Mechanism of organic reactions Soaps and detergents; Synthetic polymers; Biomolecules - amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids, lipids and carbohydrates, electrophoresis, spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, etc.

Mathematics

Sets, Relations and Functions, Mathematical Induction, Logarithms, Complex numbers, Linear and Quadratic equations, Sequences and Series, Trignometry, Permutations and Combinations, Statistics, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vectors, Stocks, Shares and Debentures, Matrices and Determinants, Boolean Algebra, Probability, Functions, limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Definite and Indefinite Integrals, Differential Equations, Elementary Statics and Dynamics, Partnership, Linear Programming, Annuities, Application of Calculus.

Physics

Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetics waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus, Solids and Semiconductor Devices, Principles of Communication, Gravitation, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves.

thanks
19th November 2011, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope,criteria of entrance for genetic engeneering?
11th March 2012, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for M.Sc Physics after completing B.Tech in Engineering Physics
5th April 2012, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

how i prepareD IIT-JAM entrance exame
3rd May 2013, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

please give all detail about iit jam.
my emaiid is [email protected]
21st September 2013, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

good morning, i have completed my BA(MATHS, STATISTICS, ECONOMICS) in the year 2004. can i write the JAM exam now? what is the age limit for JAM exam? please send the details to [email protected]. Thanks in advance.
4th August 2014, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

hlo sir me ek bsc pass student hun. me msc krna chahati hun. kya me iit jam daesakti hun. plz sir kindly adviced me what can i do. [email protected]. plz sir mail me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?