22nd July 2010, 12:30 AM
vharshit

Eligibility requirements for IIT MCA entrance exam? Percentage in 12th?

hey i want to know what are the eligibility requirements for the iit mca entrance exam.....my 12 % are below 60 m i eligible to give this entrance..??

Related Questions:
  1. JNU MCA eligibility based on percentage in 10th, 12th and Graduation (BCA)
  2. Requirements of joining IIT for MCA after BCA? Can a non India Citizen join there? Minimum percentage required?
  3. How should I prepare for MCA entrance exam? My 10th percentage is below 60
  4. Percentage required in 12th, requirements, expenses and list of colleges offering MCA program in India?
  5. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  6. Eligibility criteria and selection procedure to study MCA in IIT Kharagpur? Syllabus of entrance exam for it? Cut off marks of previous year? -- [New]
  7. What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exam is required?
  8. What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the eligibility for MCA entrance exam? I am doing BCA and want to do MCA
  10. Eligibility for SBI PO exam after MCA, 60% marks in graduation, 54% in 12th and 60% in 10th standard?
  11. Deadline for IIT, Roorkee MCA entrance exam?
  12. Can ECE diploma students get in Aeronautical Engineering? Is MHT CET the only way to get into Aeronautical Engineering?
  13. Mathematics in 12th is mandatory to apply for MCA entrance exam?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for JNU and IIT entrance exam for MCA after scoring 59.8% in 12th
  15. MCA Admission in IIT colleges
  16. Eligibility criteria of MCA entrance examination? Fee structure of MCA course in top colleges?
  17. Eligibility criteria, Forms availability and entrance exams syllabus to get admission in IIT colleges for MCA
  18. When the notification of Jamia Millia Islamia MCA entrance exam will be released? Requirements to apply?
22nd July 2010, 05:25 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility requirements for IIT MCA entrance exam? Percentage in 12th?

Hello friend,
The minimum educational qualification required to write the IIT MCA entrance exam is a bachelor's degree from a recognised institute .

Your bachelor's degree must fulfill the following requirements to make you eligible for the entrance exam.

Mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system.
A minimum of two papers of Mathematics for semester system.
22nd July 2010, 12:58 PM
trupti_9227

Default Re: Eligibility requirements for IIT MCA entrance exam? Percentage in 12th?

hello,
To get admitted in the MCA programme in IIT (Roorkee) you need to possess any Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system candidates/at least two papers of Mathematics for semester system candidates with at least 55% aggregate marks provided you belong to General/OBC category. For the students belonging to SC/ST and PD category the threshold is 55% aggregate marks.
22nd July 2010, 01:09 PM
Rupaksinha

Hello!!!
any IIT entrance exam need minimum of 60% of marks in +2. so u r not eligible for IIT MCA entrance exam.Sorry................but u may take direct addmission in other institution of MCA. All the best
22nd July 2010, 02:31 PM
jicks

IIT does not offer MCA it only provides M.S Research in Computer Science & Engineering.

Qualifying Degree: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc or equivalent
Marks for qualifying : 60% marks in aggregate or 6.75 CGPA with GATE score on or above 300.
This is the minimum marks required to appearing GATE test for PG admissions at IIT.
If you belong to Reserved category, 5% relaxation is available in marks

So, you verify if you are satisfying these conditions
22nd July 2010, 04:00 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
Eligibility
1.The candidate must be of indian nationality.
2.He must have passed 12th exam in any stream with maths as a main subject.
3.He must be a graduate with atleast 3 year degree
4.The candiate appearing for the final year exam can also apply for MCA exam
22nd July 2010, 04:42 PM
Rupaksinha

yes u r elligible for this so prepare well for ur exam
22nd July 2010, 06:39 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Friend ,

You are eligible for entrance exam for mca i.e. IIT - JAM which is conducted in the month of may every year .

The eligibility criteria's regarding the examination just says that you need to pass 12th grade with Maths as a subject and must have obtained alteast 55% aggregate in graduation or equivalent for a general candidate with a relaxation of 5% for constitutionally reserved candidates and that's all ..

You can click here for viewing eligibility criteria's .

For details regarding IIT-JAM , visit http://jam.iitm.ac.in ..

Regards
~satish
22nd July 2010, 10:03 PM
Rupaksinha

hello dear,
for entrance exam for mca i.e. IIT - JAM which is conducted in the month of may every year .

The eligibility criteria's regarding the examination just says that you need to pass 12th grade with Maths as a subject and must have obtained alteast 55% aggregate in graduation or equivalent for a general candidate with a relaxation of 5% for constitutionally reserved candidates
for more information follow link....www.iit-jam.co.in
22nd July 2010, 11:31 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend To get admission in IIT you need some eligibility which are Bachelor's degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system or at least two papers of Mathematics for semester system .
At least 55% aggregate marks for general and for OBC category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks required
Proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the minimum educational qualification.
regards
azhar
23rd July 2010, 05:31 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharshit View Post
hey i want to know what are the eligibility requirements for the iit mca entrance exam.....my 12 % are below 60 m i eligible to give this entrance..??
for getting admission in iit mca, one should have atleast 60% marks in 12th class. Since your marks are below that, you must try in other colleges.
23rd July 2010, 06:31 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hi Friend
you must have the bachelor's degree with mathematics from a recognized institute for getting admission into the IIT-MCA.

for ore details visit the website http://jam.iitm.ac.in.
All the best.
23rd July 2010, 09:59 PM
sharad3010

http://jam.iitm.ac.in

this is official site of exam

and i can tell u the eligibility which is u should be a maths student in 12th and should have got 55% atleast with 5% less for reserved candidates
good luck
29th July 2010, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

hi i am vipul from delhi i have just complete the B.sc(IT) in distance education from KUVEMPU UNIVERSITY,KARNATKA ,and total marks is 63% i have mathematics in 10 2.am i eligible for mca.
30th July 2010, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

hi i m ravinder from delhi pursuing BCA 3rd year. i had passed 10th with 69.3 per n class 12th with 60 per(with improvment, ,science stream) (with mathmatics in 10th n in 12th too).am i eligible for MCA,IIT.my first 4 semesters in BCA includes mathmatics.plz help me.
30th July 2010, 04:30 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility requirements for IIT MCA entrance exam? Percentage in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharshit View Post
sorry dear it not possible for you .....................it require minimum 60%in +2
3rd August 2010, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

i am doing BCA now.i have no math in 12th.am i eligible iit for mca through jam
3rd August 2010, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of bca final year.I got 68% marks in 2 class with arts.i have not mathematics in 2 class. i am eligible
for take mca exam of any university.please reply me immediately [email protected]
5th August 2010, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I am a Bsc student.I got 61per marks calculating best five. But calculating my main five subject I got 59.8 per.Am I eligible for IIT MCA exam.
7th August 2010, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of BCA in tripura university . i have to paper's of math in BCA ,but i have not math in 12th exam for some mark .
can i go for IIT MCA entrance test..?
19th August 2010, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

hello world,i am doing bca from ajmer rajasthan,right now i am in second year and i have comm computer science in 12 ,people says me that outside rajasthan if you want to do mca then in 12 or in bca maths is necessary.is this right .plz reply me [email protected]
23rd August 2010, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

THE ELIGIBILITY NEED TO DO M.C.A. FROM IIT ROORKEE , THE ONLY IIT OFFERING M.C.A. PROGRAMME , IS ......... @ LEAST 55% IN GRADUATION WITH MATHS AS ONE SUBJECT FOR @ LEAST 1 YEAR / 2 SEMESTERS AS WELL AS ONE MUST BE IN THE GENUINE MERIT LIST IN THE JAM ENTRANCE EXAM . SC/ST CANDIDATES MAY ENJOY 50% AS IT'S THRESHOLD @ GRADUATION ! 08010540759 DEEWAKAR
23rd August 2010, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

hi! i am pursuing BCA 5-sem from Luknow University.Ihave numerical analysis and mathematics for computing as subjects in
second and fourth sem respectively.I have 83% marks at 12 and mathematics as a subject also.am i eligible for IIT MCA
Entrance Exam?
26th August 2010, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

what is date of application form for mca?
17th September 2010, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

hiiii
dear may i know what is requirement of iit mca entrance exam, i have completed my bca, i got 75% in bca but my 12 is below 58%, may i eligibile to give the entrance exam?????..........
11th October 2010, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have passed the 12th with out maths may i eligibile to give the entrance exam of biotecnology?? ihave passed the 12th with biology ,physics,chemistry ,english.
23rd October 2010, 07:59 PM
Murtaza52

can anyone tell me which subject is required for doing MCA

and maximum how many % get in 12th..????? if anyone about that please reply...

thanks

Murtaza runija
31st October 2010, 08:35 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Eligibility requirements for IIT MCA entrance exam.

minimum graduation in qualification with math in 12th.

and 60% marks in graduation is required.

no age limit is in there.

all the best..............
6th November 2010, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing BCA now.i have no math in 12th.am i eligible iit for mca through jam

if you hav maths in ur BCA then you are eligible for MCA from Jamia.
Yes you are.....
7th November 2010, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

From when the forms of IIT JAM 2011 will be available & what's the last date for submition of forms?
12th November 2010, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

i am doing BCA now,i have no math in 12th .am i eligible it for MCA through intrance exam
16th November 2010, 06:38 PM
subhranshu sekhar nayak

i am doing bca ,i have math in 12th and marks of mine below 50%,am i eligible it for mca entrance test,from (balasore)orissa
16th November 2010, 06:40 PM
subhranshu sekhar nayak

[QUOTE=Unregistered;235435]From when the forms of IIT JAM 2011 will be available & what's the last date for submition of form
16th November 2010, 06:46 PM
subhranshu sekhar nayak

hai i am subhranshu, from balasore,orissa, i want to know From when the forms of IIT JAM 2011 will be available & what's the last date for submition of forms?
20th November 2010, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

I am doing B.C.A. and in 12th class i have 58% marks in all over and in mathematics 69%. Am i eligible for mca entrance iit-jam.
22nd November 2010, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I'm currently pursuing BCA 6th sem,with 68% aggregte but i have low percentage in 2 <60%.Am i eligible for IIT-JAM?when can we apply?
Deekshit.
2nd December 2010, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

what is the age criteria for appearing in iit examination???????//
5th December 2010, 02:25 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey there's nothing mentioned about the 12th marks.All you need is to have 55% in your graduation course with Mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system candidates/ at least two papers of Mathematics for semester system candidates.

So,try to score above 55% in your graduation level.

all the best
11th December 2010, 05:45 AM
NaveenRana1990

I am doing BCA fianl year ...and in 12th i have 66% overall n in math i got 64% MAth . So i am eligible for IIT-Jam...... Pls reply me soon [email protected]

pls rly ............
11th December 2010, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam, i just completed B.SC(m) with 60.34%. i want to do MCA in IIT. so request you to please tell me the qualification details for the exam.my 10 2 % is 48%. if these marks are not sufficient to do it, kindly tell me other ways to reach my aim.
26th December 2010, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Hello,,i m mohit.i m doing BCA final year...with 70% and i hve 63% in 12th commerce...so i m eligible for jam...
[email protected]
28th December 2010, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

hi i am raj from ald i passed 10 with 49% , 12 with 45% and bca with 76% can feel iit form reply on [email protected]
8th January 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

hii.. i have done 2 with commerce maths as an option and currently doing b.com and taken maths as in 1st year.
25th January 2011, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

hi
i have passed my bsc part( 1 2)with a total marks of 54%,including pass subjects,litrature and envs..am i eligible to apply for iit jam ..because the results of part 3 will be out before the admision to iit..and i hope to get 55%(the minimum requirement) in total
26th January 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

i have 56%marks in 10th and 58.2% in 12th am i eligible for iit mca but i will give improvement exam of 12th in march 2011 in cbse board
27th January 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of BCA vi sem but i didn't had maths in 2. i cleared a college level exam for this. Am i eligible for JAM. what r my other options. please reply on dhaka. [email protected]
6th March 2011, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

hi friends ,
I am a student of graduation .I left b.tech from iit before 2 year,because i not like it,and some reason behind it also.But now I want to do mca from iit, but i have a veryl low marks 50%(sc).How this can be possible.please reply me.
At [email protected].
Thanks.
23rd March 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

hi........Friends,
i passed 44% t.y.B.com with information technology......
can you suggest for a M.C.A college for addmission....???
reply must......
THANKS
REGARDS
27th March 2011, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

i am student of b.c.a 4sem , my aggregtate upto 4sem is 70% & my 10 & 12 % r less than 60 ,is am elgible for m.c.a in iit colleges ,.
1st April 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

hi i am student B.C.A. how to percent in bca for IIT MCA entrance exam .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?