29th September 2012, 11:16 PM
gaurav21gwl

How to do IIT JAM? What is the eligibility criteria for this exam?

sir i want 2 do iit jam , nd tell me , is test
how 2 apply for this , nd what is eligiliblity for this exam , nd i m pershuning b.e . am i eligilble for th

Related Questions:
  1. How to do IIT JAM? What is the eligibility criteria for this exam?
  2. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)? -- [New]
  3. Eligibility criteria and syllabus for IIT JAM entrance exam?
  4. What is IIT JAM? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?
  5. Eligibility criteria for appearing in JAM examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Names of the top universities for MSc Physics?
  7. Marks required in B.Sc for JAM IIT?
  8. Which are the coaching institutes for IIT JAM in Hyderabad? What is the eligibility criteria of JAM?
  9. Eligibility criteria, syllabus, reference books and previous year question papers of IIT-JAM?
  10. What is IIT JAM entrance exam? Criteria for IIT JAM biotechnology entrance exam?
  11. What is the criteria for IIT JAM for Maths?
  12. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  13. Which books should I follow for IIT JAM exam for MCA? Can I get admission in any IITs in India if I am able qualify for IIT JAM? From where to get the forms? Is private tuition necessary?
  14. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for IIT-JAM for M.Sc if secured 56% aggregate in B.Sc?
  16. Can I apply in IIT-JAM for M.Sc programme if secured 56% aggregate and achieved 1st rank in graduation?
  17. How should I prepare for IIT JAM in Physics?
  18. Am I eligible for IIT JAM after completing B.Tech in computer science
4th January 2013, 10:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do IIT JAM? What is the eligibility criteria for this exam?

Bachelor degree from any of the recognized University with first class marks is the basic qualification required. Engineering graduates are eligible to apply for certain subjects only. They can try for courses like Integrated Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences or M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Biotechnology. Detailed information in eligibility can be collected from the portal of IIT, Delhi. Applications can also be submitted through this web portal.
5th January 2013, 06:00 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

If you want to qualify in IIT JAM 2013 shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IISc, Bangalore & IITs.

You must have passed the Bachelor's degree in the subject concerned or related subjects, in which they are seeking admission.
JAM qualified candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IITs:
You must have secured at least 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries in all years combined) in the qualifying degree.There is a relaxation of 5% of marks in case of SC/ST/PD category candidates.

Thanks..

5th January 2013, 06:22 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to do IIT JAM? What is the eligibility criteria for this exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav21gwl View Post
how 2 apply for this , nd what is eligiliblity for this exam , nd i m pershuning b.e . am i eligilble for th

Eligibility Criteria For IIT JAM

The IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test) is conducted every year for admissions to IITs for M.Sc. courses like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Mathematical Statistics, MCA,etc..

A candidate is eligible to appear for the IIT JAM only if :-

>> The candidate must have attained an aggregate of 55% in graduation(50% for SC/ST) from a recognized college

>> Candidate must be able to submit the graduation documents by 30th September..

You can Click Here for more details on the exam..

For previous year question papers of your subject you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
7th January 2013, 05:45 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IIT JAM Stands for IIT Joint Admission Test.

This exam is conducted every year for Graduates seeking for MSC course.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for IIT JAM are :

* you must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.

* you must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in graduation.

* There is a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST candidates.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

7th January 2013, 10:31 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

IIT JAM stands for IIT Joint Admission Test.

This examination is conducted for graduates seeking for MSc course, every year.

The eligibility required for this examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognised board.

* Marks relaxation- 5% for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned willl help you to get the information you were searching for.

18th January 2013, 02:33 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

to do IIT JAM & the eligibility criteria for this exam

1.Candidate must be able to submit the graduation documents by 30th September

2.The candidate must have attained an aggregate of 55% in graduation(50% for SC/ST) from a recognized college

3.The IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test) is conducted every year for admissions to IITs for M.Sc

4.courses like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Mathematical Statistics, MCA,etc

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd June 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

which subjects an engineering graduate can opt for iit jam?
Sir, i have completed my B.tech. Degree with a agreegate of 75.6% with computer science & engineeering branch...sir please tell me which subjects i can opt as my subject in iit jam?? I am intrested in both physics and mathematical sciences....
20th August 2013, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

can b.tech passout give jam exam for m.sc?
20th August 2013, 09:13 PM
maruthidevi

hi,,,

to do IIT JAM & the eligibility criteria for this exam

1.Candidate must be able to submit the graduation documents by 30th September

2.The candidate must have attained an aggregate of 55% in graduation(50% for SC/ST) from a recognized college

3.The IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test) is conducted every year for admissions to IITs for M.Sc

4.courses like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Mathematical Statistics, MCA,etc

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21st August 2013, 12:05 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

IIT JAM stands for Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Admission Test

The candidates who qualify in JAM 2013 shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IISc & IITs

Eligibility Requirement:

Candidates who want to appear in IIT JAM Exam for admission in IISc and IITs they need to have the following Eligibility Criteria:

For IISc:

General and OBC Candidates must possess at least 60 % of marks in the relevant degree.

SC/ST candidates must have at least 50% of marks in the relevant degree.

For IITs:

To get admission in IITs candidates must have 55 % of marks from General /OBC category in the relevant degree.

SC/ST /PD category must have at least 50% in the relevant degree.

Examination pattern of IIT JAM:

Students seeking admission to a programme have to choose the corresponding Test Paper from the list as given below.

Chemistry
Biotechnology
Computer Applications
Mathematical Statistics
Mathematics
Geology
Geophysics
Physics

Each Test paper will be of 3 hours duration.

all the best.....
21st August 2013, 12:22 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav21gwl View Post
IIT-JAM(Joint Admission Test) is conducted for taking admission in Master degree courses.This exam is basically for candidates who want to Post Graduation in Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,Statistics,Computer Application,Information Technology.

Eligibility criteria for IIT JAM Exam is as follows :-
~Candidates should have a bachelor degree of at least 03 years from any recognized university.
~Candidates minimum marks in bachelor degree course should be 55% for General and OBC category and 50% for SC and ST category.

Exam Pattern for IIT-JAM :-
-->>All questions will be objective type with multiple choice answers.
-->>Total number of questions will be 50.
-->>Each questions will be of 02 marks.
-->>Total duration of written exam will be 02 hours.

But as you are doing Bachelor engineering course so you should appear for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).This test is basically for the candidates who want to take admission in M.Tech courses.

Eligibility required for GATE Exam :
~Candidates who have completed their four year bachelor degree in engineering or who are in final year of engineering are eligible to apply for GATE Exam.
~Candidates who have a pass out Master degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Chemistry are also eligible to apply for GATE Exam.

After getting the score card of GATE Exam you can also apply for the jobs in Navratnas and Mahratnas Companies.GATE Score card will also be valid for Public Sector Undertaking Exams.

Exam Pattern for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) :
  • Paper I - Logical Reasoning and Numerical Aptitude.
  • Part II - Section I (Engineering Mathematics) and Section II (Engineering Paper).
Total number of questions will be 65 and all questions will be objective type with multiple choice answers.Total marks will be 100 and total duration for written exam will be 2 hours.

Till now IIT-JAM exam date has not been published,but you can apply for GATE 2014 Exam.Its important details are as follows :
  1. Application Fee for General and OBC category will Rs 1500 and for SC/ST/Female Candidates will be Rs 750.
  2. Online Registration will starts from 2nd September 2013.
  3. Last Date to apply will be 3rd October 2013.
  4. Last Date for Receipt of Application Form will be 10th October 2013.
  5. Online Examination will be held on 1st February and 1st March 2014.
To Apply for GATE 2014,Please Visit http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/

23rd August 2013, 01:36 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

IIT JAM stands for Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Admission Test

The candidates who qualify in JAM 2013 shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IISc & IITs

Eligibility Requirement:

Candidates who want to appear in IIT JAM Exam for admission in IISc and IITs they need to have the following Eligibility Criteria:

For IISc:

General and OBC Candidates must possess at least 60 % of marks in the relevant degree.

SC/ST candidates must have at least 50% of marks in the relevant degree.

For IITs:

To get admission in IITs candidates must have 55 % of marks from General /OBC category in the relevant degree.

SC/ST /PD category must have at least 50% in the relevant degree.

All the best..............
16th May 2014, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

I want to do MSC programme from IIT chem hons and in 12 I had not opted maths so am I eligible
29th June 2014, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

A studnt who have passed b.sc with math,physics and chemistry.,didnot have any hons.does he elegibl for jam?
29th June 2014, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

A studnt who have passed b.sc with math,physics and chemistry.,didnot have any hons.does he elegibl for jam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?