16th January 2018, 07:48 PM
parulksrw

What is the eligibility for Probationary Officer exam for Canara and Syndicate Bank?

Sir I have done graduation with 58% marks and post graduation with 64% marks. So Am I eligible to apply for Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank for the post of Probationary Officer? Am I also eligible to apply for other private banks as well?

19th January 2018, 12:36 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for Probationary Officer exam for Canara and Syndicate Bank?

Yes you are eligible to apply in all banks.

Required eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university in any stream.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in their graduation.
Candidate age should be under 21 years to 30 years. For OBC it is 33 years and for SC/ST it is 35 years.

There are limited attempts for SBI PO that is only 4. But in other banks attempts are not limited.
20th January 2018, 08:54 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for Probationary Officer exam for Canara and Syndicate Bank?

First thing I would like to let you know that for your recruitment as a probationary officer in Syndicate bank or Canara bank you need to qualify IBPS ( Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection ) bank PO examination.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for your recruitment as a PO in Canara bank or Syndicate bank i.e; for appearing in IBPS bank PO examination having completed your graduation with 58% marks and post graduation with 64% marks then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as per your educational qualification as for appearing in the same examination the required eligibility criteria is a graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Apart from the educational qualification, you also need to have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 30 years for appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details regarding IBPS bank PO examination, you can refer to its official link i.e; www.ibps.in.
20th January 2018, 11:41 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulksrw View Post
Sir I have done graduation with 58% marks and post graduation with 64% marks. So Am I eligible to apply for Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank for the post of Probationary Officer? Am I also eligible to apply for other private banks as well?
For CANARA BANK PO exams below is the eligibilty:
Graduation pass with minimum 60% marks and 55% marks in graduation for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD.

Age should be between 20 and 30 years.

Last date to apply is 31st January 2018.

So if you belong to general category, you cannot apply for Canara bank PO.

For SYNDICATE BANK PO exams below is the eligibilty:
Graduation pass with minimum 60% marks and 55% marks in graduation for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD.

Age should be between 20 and 30 years.

Last date to apply is 17th January 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?