23rd August 2014, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Canara Bank Officer exam?

Can someone please do tell me that what is the eligibility for Applying canara bank exam?
I don't know the eligibility for canara bank officer

27th August 2014, 11:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Canara Bank Officer exam?

There is probationary officer exam conducted by IBPS every year and Canara Bank utilizes the IBPS score to give jobs. So, if you want to get a job as an officer in Canara Bank then, prepare for probationary officer exam which is conducted by IBPS twice in a year.

The education qualification for IBPS PO is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with at least 50% marks.

Age limit for IBPS PO exam is 21 to 30 years for General category candidates. There is age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for physically handicapped candidates.

The selection will be based on the performance in the IBPS PO exam which will be an objective type paper. The questions will be related to quantitative aptitude, reasoning, English, banking awareness and computer knowledge. There is negative marking for wrong answers. If you qualify written then you will be called for interview. The merit is prepared on the basis of marks in written and interview. You will get Canara Bank job if you have good marks in written and interview.
28th August 2014, 04:01 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Canara Bank Officer exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can someone please do tell me that what is the eligibility for Applying canara bank exam?
I don't know the eligibility for canara bank officer

Canara Bank conducts the bank exam and the eligibility needed for Clerk and Officer post are:

# The candidate need to have a Citizenship in India

# The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed 20-28 years for Clerk and for Officer post you need to have 21-30 years of age and there are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates.

# Regarding the education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university in any stream of education.

The candidate are selected for the post through:
  • Interview
  • Verification of character
  • Antecedents
  • Medical fitness

If you satisfy all these criteria for the exam then you can apply for the exam.

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?