13th June 2018, 03:08 PM
staceyparker04

What field should I choose after 10th for getting into any of the Defence wings?

What field should I choose after 10th for Defence? Can a girl join NDA after graduation? What I can do after 10th to join Navy or Air Force? Please help me out with these questions I just need a little guidance for my future.

14th June 2018, 09:06 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What field should I choose after 10th for getting into any of the Defence wings?

Sorry, to say that the female candidates are not eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force through NDA examination. As per the UPSC NDA examination notification, only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination. It is best to choose Non-Medical Science stream for pursuing your 12th standard, if you are interested to join NDA.
14th June 2018, 01:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What field should I choose after 10th for getting into any of the Defence wings?

As far as you are interested in joining Indian Air force or Indian Navy being a female candidate then you will have to opt for Science stream with PCM group for your higher secondary school degree while you will have to pursue B.Tech/B.Arch degree course from a recognized university.

Further, you will have to qualify CDS ( Combined Defense Service ) entrance examination for joining Naval Academy (NA) and Air force Academy (AFA).

One thing I would like to mention here that in order to join Indian Military Academy wing (i.e; Indian Army ) and Officer's Training Academy (OTA) there is no requirement of particular stream at any level of academics while for joining ground duty branch of Indian Air force there is no requirement of particular stream as well.

So, being a Class 10th passed candidate you are required to first complete your higher secondary school degree followed by graduation degree course and finally need to qualify CDS entrance examination to join Indian defense services.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2018, 05:45 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

It is competitive entrance exam for selection of candidates into different wings like Army, Navy and Air Force. Minimum academic qualification required to apply for NDA exam is senior secondary board exam. Girls are not eligible for the exam.

Girls can apply for CDS or AFCAT exam to join Indian Air Force or Navy. You can pursue 12th with PCM subjects and then engineering or B.Sc to become eligible for these defence wings.
14th June 2018, 10:08 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you want to enter into field of Defence then you have to choose PCM in your 11th and 12th stream from a recognised board and you have to complete it with an aggregate of 60% marks. Then you have to appear in NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
14th June 2018, 10:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

One who is interested in Defence has to opt for PCM stream in 11th and 12th standard. After completing of 12th standard, one has to appear in NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC in the month of April and September.
15th June 2018, 01:18 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can choose after 10th PCM for defense wings.

Girls are not eligible for NDA. Only unmarried male candidate are eligible .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. This examination is conducted by UPSC twice every.

The eligibility criteria is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM from a recognized board within the age of 16.5 to 19.5 years with good physical and mental health.

Girls can join defense sector through CDS (Combined Defense Service) after graduation.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 03:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination. If a female candidate want to join Defence, she should apply for CDS or AFCAT exam.

You should pursue 12th with science stream and then Bachelor's degree in science or engineering for Air Force or Navy wing of Defence.
15th June 2018, 06:18 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

You should choose science (mathematics) stream in 11th and 12th standard to join Defence in Future.

Yes, a girl can also apply for UPSC - CDS after completion of graduation. NDA is for higher secondary level male students.

You have to take PCM in 12th standard and then apply for NDA examination to join Navy or Air Force.
15th June 2018, 10:32 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

One most important thing about NDA is that a girl is not allowed to join Defence through NDA. Only boys are allowed but they must be unmarried.
If you want to join then you should complete graduation degree from Science stream and then you can apply for UPSC CDS.
Age requirement for CDS- 21 years to 23/24 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?