22nd February 2016, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Which board should i choose as i am interested in Medical field?

Hi, I have just given my class 10th icse board exam. I want to make a career in medical field in future. Therefore i need to know that which board should i choose with this prespective. Please help.

22nd February 2016, 10:12 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board should i choose as i am interested in Medical field?

You should choose CBSE board as per your future goal. This is because :-

- There is no need of any second language unlike other boards, so more concentration can be given on core subjects.

- English is easy so more concentration can be given on core subjects required for your medical entrance exams.

- Most of medical entrance exams have syllabus which is at par with the syllabus prescribed by CBSE.
22nd February 2016, 10:27 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

My suggestion to you is that you should go for the CBSE board for 11th and 12th studies. I am saying this due to the fact that CBSE designed study pattern in such a way that you will be able to crack the competitive exams easily. You simply have to apply for the admission in 11th standard under Medical stream with Biology as the compulsory subject. After completion of your 12th standard you have to appear in the AIPMT entrance exam for getting admission in any good medical college.
Also my suggestion to you is that you should try to solve previous paper of entrance exam for preparing it in a batter way.
22nd February 2016, 11:15 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

There is nothing to do with any particular board to pursue medical course. To appear for medical entrance examination for admission in medical course candidate need to have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

So, you can pursue 10+2 from any board or you can continue with ICSE board also. Candidate with PCB as main paper in 10+2 are eligible to appear for medical entrance examination.

There is no special relaxation for candidates of any particular board during admission procedure other than state quota.
22nd February 2016, 11:34 PM
karishma singh kashyap
Member+

You can do medical from any board, such as CBSE, ICSE, BSEB, Jharkhand board etc. There is no bondage to choose any particular board. It is depend upon you, so you can choose any board which you like most. But i think it is very good to do medical from government college. For this you need to secure good percentage of marks is entrance examination.
23rd February 2016, 12:01 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To make career in medical field, there is no such limitation to have from particular board and also no such preference for student of particular board.
So, you can choose any board according to your desire after secondary board examination to appear in higher secondary board examination.
You can either continue with the same board in which you are going to appear for secondary board examination.
Basically, students of CBSE board are more profited in term of syllabus of higher secondary board examination and medical entrance examination as their syllabus are somewhat similar but it is not possible that with only board syllabus any student can qualify medical entrance examination. All students need preparation to qualify in the entrance examination.
AIPMT is most recognized entrance examination conducted by CBSE for admission in AIIMS, the best medical institute in India and some other medical colleges.
AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test and AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Science.
Eligibility to appear in AIPMT are
-Students must have passed 12th board examination with more than 50% marks with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and any one other from a recognized board
Or
Student appearing in 12th board examination in year of AIPMT
-Student must complete age of 17 years on 31st December in the year of examination.
23rd February 2016, 12:07 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

You can choose either ICSE or CBSE board to pursue your career in medical field.

One has to choose Physics, chemistry and biology as compulsory subjects in class 12.

After completion of class 12, appear for AIIMS entrance examination to enter into MBBS stream.
23rd February 2016, 08:08 PM
OnePlus

Every board is good. The pattern and syllabus of CBSE board is very effiective. Mainly all the entrance exam question papers are setup with CBSE board.

If you are interested in medical field then you should opt science subjects in class 12th along with biology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?