11th May 2013, 10:53 PM
Shaileen

What is the future after MBBS?

I am m.b.b.s student..i wanna know future in which field is brighter..m.d in medicine or research in medicine

Related Questions:
  1. What are the other fields in Biology than MBBS? What is the future of Biotechnology?
  2. Is there any future prospects of job (In UK, USA or EU Country) after I do MBBS from Ukraine having ECTS applicable in UK or USA?
  3. What can I do after MBBS? Is MS, MD the only entrance to write?
  4. Which course is a better choice for me after completion of Bi.P.C other than MBBS?
  5. How many years does it takes to complete MBBS degree from MSU and what are the future options available after completion of course?
  6. Should I drop my engineering after 3rd sem and join B.Sc program as my future aim is to do MBBS? Can I get admission in MBBS after doing B.Sc as I do not have biology in 12th?
  7. What is the scope of B.Sc(Microbiology) program? -- [New]
  8. Scope of Microbiology for a Bachelor Degree student?
  9. Courses which I can take up along with MBBS which can boost my future career in medicine?
  10. What is the future in BDS or MDS? Prospects in earning? Are there any colleges in Karnataka which offer MBBS seat for fees without donation?
  11. What is the future after MBBS?
  12. What are the options available after MBBS? Difference between Hospital and Health Care Management? What are the future prospects?
  13. Job Opportunities after completion of 10th Class?
  14. Which are the best courses other than MBBS? Is there demand of Physiotherapy?
  15. Which are the courses available after 12th related to MBBS?
  16. Have interest in Biology but no interest in MBBS : Which course is suitable for me after 12th?
  17. Courses in biology after 12th, except MBBS? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What shall I do after completion of 12th Class with Science stream with 84.5% of marks?
12th May 2013, 10:51 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the future after MBBS?

Future Propects after MBBS are:
  1. Clinical practice with the degree:clinical practice can be in government sector or private sector
  2. Doing speciality after M.B.B.S:There are several types in going for a specialization. One is a 3 year M.D/M.S course, second one is a 2 year pgDiploma courses like Dch (diploma in child health), DGO(diploma in gynaecology and obstetrics, DMRD (diploma in medical radiology and diagnostics) e.t.c Apart form these two we have an option of NB(diploma of the national board) in all of the mentioned specialities. It is equivalent to doctorate (MD) course as it is also of 3 year duration
  3. USMLE (United states medical licensing exam):Clearing the united states medical licensing exam and taking up a speciality as an IMG (international medical graduate) there would be one great option to go.
  4. Hospital management in India:As the corporate culture in medical services is increasing, there would be a great demand for the hospital managers in the near future.
  5. Career as a researcher in India:This is one more radical option for the M.B.B.S graduates who have a passion for research. Premier research institutes in India are ICMR (Indian council for medical research), CIMAP, CCMB (center for cellular and molecular biology), St. Jhons research institute. You can also join WHO projects through contacts. Research can be broadly divided into basic science research( like lab work), cross sectional or other types of community studies or clinical trials or clinical research.
  6. Masters degrees other than clinical M.D s from countries like U.S:For this you need to have a valid GRE(general) score and a TOEFL score.
  7. Research/PhD programs in U.S:Some important research areas are
    1)Molecular biology
    2)Biotechnology
    3)Genetics
    4)Microbiology and immunology
    5)All para clinical subjects like anatomy, physiology, pathology e.t.c
    6)Pharmacology related areas
    7)Geriatrics
    Some important universities are National institute of helath (NIH), Virginia university, Michigan university, Drexel university, University of south florida, North carolina state univeristy e.t.c
10th October 2013, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

How to approach USMLE
2nd May 2015, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

What is the best field ms or md for future wich will be in demand in india
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?