24th December 2014, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

What is the scope of B.Sc(Microbiology) program?

sir.
i am in 2nd yr of B.sc microbiology....after 12th i decide to go for mbbs bt i didnt get addmisson at that time..then.i took gap and i waste my one yr for etntrace of mbbs..bt i did not get addmisson ..bt now i am not happy with micro...and i wish to go for mbbs...so wat should i do...is micro has bright future??

24th December 2014, 09:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of B.Sc(Microbiology) program?

As you have already started your B.Sc in Microbiology studies, I suggest you to continue in Microbiology stream.Because due to complexity of the course, there is very good demand for Microbiology graduates.So after successful completion of B.Sc in Microbiology you can pursue M.Sc in Microbiology later and If you are still interested in doing doctorate courses you may even go for Phd in Medical Microbiology. So there is good scope for microbiology students in India and abroad as well.

@ B.Sc (Microbiology) + M.Sc (Microbiology) + Phd - Very Good Scope

The Duration of M.Sc in Microbiology is 3 years or in terms of semesters it will be 6 semesters.To pursue this course, candidates must have completed their B.Sc in Microbiology stream B.Sc Nursing, or B.Sc in any discipline having Sciences as major subject.Candidates must have secured minimum of 55% of marks in Bachelor degree to be eligible for M.Sc Microbiology courses.You may find employment in following sectors and especially good scope in Research and Development Division.
>> Cytology Laboratories
>> Water processing plants
>> Food and beverages industries
>> Pharmaceutical Industries
>> Pathology Laboratories and more

Some of the Colleges offering Microbiology courses are, Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital (Udaipur), JJM Medical College, Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum Hospital (Bhubaneswar), Father Muller Medical College (Mangalore), Dr.BR Ambedkar Medical College (Bangalore), MKCG Medical College (Berhampur) and more.
21st May 2015, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the scope of B.Sc(Microbiology) program?

I have completed my 12th with Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. I am interested in Biotechnology. But it seems that it does not have good scope in India. So I would like to know about Microbiology. What is the scope of microbiology in India?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?