9th November 2014, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Scope of Microbiology for a Bachelor Degree student?

sir
i am in 2nd yr of b.sc microbiology....after 12th i decide to go for mbbs bt i didnt get addmisson at that time..then.i took gap and i waste my one yr for etntrace of mbbs..bt i did not get addmisson ..bt now i am not happy with micro...and i wish to go for mbbs...so wat should i do...is micro has bright future??

12th November 2014, 12:36 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of Microbiology for a Bachelor Degree student?

The career opportunities available for aspirants in the field of microbiology are on the rise currently.It deals with many practical problems in medical and agricultural industry. This course is very much similar to biotechnology.It is one of the most demanded fields in the economy with a lot of applications in various areas.

The career opportunities available for Microbiologists are quite ample these days. It is possible for them to find jobs with areas such as research organizations, research labs of hospitals of private and public sectors, pharmaceutical firms and chemical industries etc. One thing that makes the job opportunities in the arena of microbiology so ample is due to the many similarities between microbiology and biotechnology.

The increase in awareness about taking care of the environment, finding cure for diseases such as Cancer, heart diseases and AIDS etc has increased the demand of professionals in this field. Many firms try to produce cures and find different methods of treatment for these ailments. Due to this, career opportunities are becoming available in plenty. Aspirants also have the option to get employed as a science writer. They can answer questions or write articles.

The remuneration of aspirants will differ according to the institution employing them and the area of operation. As a beginner, one will be able to get an income of Rs.15, 000/- to Rs.20, 000/- a month. With higher qualification and experience, one can get better remuneration.

The major recruiters are:-
-Bharat Biotech
-Biological E. Limited
-Bartronics
-Bioserve
-GVK Biosciences Private Limited
-Ocium Biosolutions Limited
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?