27th December 2017, 09:19 AM
Virat Bhargava

What is IIT JAM? Eligibility and preparation details?

What is IIT JAM? I am a student of B.Sc. 1st year in Mathematics. Am I eligible for it? How should I prepare for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be able to crack IIT-JAM through self preparation? Coaching classes for the preparation of IIT-JAM?
  2. Scope, syllabus and eligibility for IIT JAM 2016?
  3. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  4. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  5. Best coaching center in West Bengal for IIT JAM in Chemistry? Books for preparation?
  6. How can I prepare to crack IIT-JAM? Total expenses to study M.Sc(Physics) in IIT?
  7. Eligibility for IIT JAM 2016 exam for M.Sc Physics
  8. What is IIT JAM? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the criteria for IIT JAM for Maths?
  10. Which is the best Coaching Institute in Kolkata for Biotechnology entrance exam (IIT JAM) preparation?
  11. Chemistry question papers for IIT JAM preparation?
  12. How should the preparation be carried for IIT JAM exam? Reference books for IIT JAM Physics Hons?What is the syllabus for IIT JAM?
  13. Which book to be referred for preparation of IIT JAM in Physics?
  14. Eligibility for IIT JAM 2017 for B.Sc appearing students
  15. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  16. Online coaching classes and suitable books for preparation of IIT-JAM(Biotechnology)?
  17. What to do for preparation for IIT JAM exam? I am a student of BSc Chemistry
  18. IIT JAM 2016 reference books for Biological Sciences
29th December 2017, 10:35 AM
ankjkv

Default Re: What is IIT JAM? Eligibility and preparation details?

IIT JAM full form is Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test. It is a post graduate programme in IIT. Eligibility criteria for this exam is discussed below.

1. Candidate must have secured minimum 55% marks in aggregate of subjects for Gen and Obc candidates. For Sc and St candidates minimum marks criteria is 50% marks.

As you have said that you are pursuing his Bachelor degree so please complete it with minimum eligible aggregate marks as discussed above.

Preparation for JAM is not so easy so please join special coaching after completion of B.Sc.
29th December 2017, 12:10 PM
NeptuneSpear

IIT JAM stands for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test is an examination conducted by IITs for admission to Master's degree programmes in M.Sc, MCA etc.

To appear in IIT JAM Exam one should have a bachelor's degree with minimum 55% of aggregate marks for Unreserved candidates and 50% of marks for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD.

At present you are not eligible to appear in IIT JAM as minimum qualification is a bachelor's degree.
29th December 2017, 07:31 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JAM refers to Joint Admission test in M.Sc. (Master of Science) and same examination is held by IIT once every year for offering admission in M.Sc. degree course in IITs and other technical colleges.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in IIT JAM is a bachelor of science degree in concerned subject of M.Sc degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST/PH category candidates. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree course are also eligible.

So being 1st year student of B.Sc. in Mathematics degree course you are not eligible for appearing in IIT JAM now but once you satisfy above mentioned qualification you can appear in the same examination.
30th December 2017, 04:26 PM
ravinayadav256

IIT JAM full form is Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test. It is a post graduate programme in IIT.Joint Admission Test for MSc (JAM) is an all-India online entrance exam conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).

Eligibility for IIT JAM:-

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university.

IIT JAM 2018 exam dates:-

11 Feb 2018

IIT JAM subjects:-

Biological Sciences (BL)

Chemistry (CY)
Mathematics (MA)
Geology (GG)
Physics (PH)
Biotechnology (BT)
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?