30th May 2012, 09:43 PM
abhishiek

What are the job prospects of an IPR Graduate? I am an engineer graduate in CSE

I am an engineer graduate in cse & came across IPR courses offered by IIT-kgp ,its a 3 year course and is according to bar council of India.I want to know the job prospects of an IPR grad ,I have no experience as of now but will it inhibit my future prospects in any way .Any other insight will also be appreciated

Cheers,

Abhishiek

24th July 2019, 07:08 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Default Re: What are the job prospects of an IPR Graduate? I am an engineer graduate in CSE

IIT-Kharagpur offers 3 year LLB course with specialization in IPR (Intellectual Property Rights). Many organizations hire skilled professional of IPR to handle their intellectual property issues.

IIT-Kharagpur IPR Course Eligibility
You must have passed bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine or equivalent with first class from a recognized university.
OR
You must have passed master's degree in Science or Pharmacy or equivalent with first class from a recognized university.
OR
You must have passed MBA degree with any of above with first class from a recognized university.

Scope After IPR Course from IIT Kharagpur
After IPR course, There are wide range of employment opportunities as Parent Analyst, Patent Engineer or Agent, Patent/IP Consultant or Advisor, Licensing and Valuation Expert, Patent Prosecutor etc.

Employment Areas
- Law Firms
- Corporate Houses
- Government Agencies
- Research and Development Units
- Software Industries
- Voluntary Organizations
- Cosmetics and Beauty Products Manufacturer

Important Dates of IIT Kharagpur IPR Admission
- Online Application Available : 4th January, 2019
- Last Date of Application : 15th March, 2019
- Entrance Exam : 20th April, 2019
- Personal Interview : 20th, 21st April, 2019

Entrance Exam Pattern
- English : 60 Marks
- Logical Reasoning : 20 Marks
- Mathematical Ability : 15 Marks
- Basic Science : 35 Marks
- Legal Aptitude : 70 Marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?