24th July 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

What are the opportunities for MSc chemistry students?

I have completed my MSc chemistry , but i cant handle chemicals.other than teaching what are the options i have to get bright future.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the opportunities for MSc chemistry students?
  2. Job opportunities for BSc Chemistry or MSc Chemistry and what kind of jobs are available for BSc or MSc Chemistry in India and Middle East?
  3. Which one is better M.Sc Chemistry or M.Sc Microbiology? Which has got better job opportunities?
  4. Which one is better either M.Sc in Chemistry and M.Sc in Microbiology in respect of job opportunities in India?
  5. Information regarding Government Job Opportunities in India for the candidates of M.Sc in Chemistry?
  6. What are job opportunities for me after doing BSc with biology and MSc wit chemistry
  7. What should I do M.Sc in Chemistry or M.Sc in Microbiology? Which one has better job opportunity? -- [New]
  8. Government job opportunities for MSc Organic Chemistry and MSc Inorganic Chemistry? Which one has a better scope?
  9. List of pharma companies in Vizag? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What are the opportunities after MSc in chemistry? I am doing chemistry honors from Ranchi
  11. Can I do MSc Computer Science after completing BSc Chemistry with 49%
  12. List of colleges offering MSc Chemistry under OU? What is the cutoff rank for BC-B female students to take admission in MSc Chemistry under OU?
  13. What should I consider between chemistry and microbiology? Which one has better job opportunities if I complete my MSc from India?
  14. Opportunities for Integrated Chemistry students? Best university for Ph.D in India?
  15. What are the job opportunities after doing BSc in Chemistry and MSc in Chemistry
  16. What are the jobs for MSc Chemistry students in BPCL
  17. Can I do Ph.D in Literature along with my BSc course? What are the job opportunities for BSc/MSc in Chemistry
  18. What are the job opportunities for MSc biotech students?

7th October 2012, 03:20 PM
rch91

Default Re: What are the opportunities for MSc chemistry students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my MSc chemistry , but i cant handle chemicals.other than teaching what are the options i have to get bright future.
M.Sc in chemistry students can get the job posts in state and job post through the entrance exam. It is possible that after M.Sc in in chemistry you have some experience and you can get the jobs in government with direct recruitment.

Jobs for Msc in chemistry in different fields like:

Chemical Industries
Pharmaceutical industries
Factories
Petroleum Companies like Bharat petroleum, Indian Oil corporation etc.
ISR
DRDO
Bhaba Atomic research centre
Advance centre for treatment
Research education centre for treatments
For all these jobs you have to write the netrance exam under the department like UPS,SSC CSIR-UGC , etc and Msc in chemistry students can also apply for civili services exams.

18th April 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

CAN I GIVE THE NET AFTER M.SC IN CHEMISTRY

14th July 2013, 06:10 PM
Say2Sibaram

I think PhD is the best option after MSc. you can earn money also while doing PhD.. All the best.

26th October 2013, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

i have complited Msc analytical chemistry 2013pass out i search job in petrochemical industreas but do not find job please u can helpe me

27th October 2013, 12:14 PM
ASHISH SHISHA

There are many job opportunities available in the public and private sector for candidates who have completed their Master's in Chemistry.
Central Government Jobs after M.Sc in Chemistry
1. There are many research institutes in our country that require professionals in the field of chemistry. The ISRO, DRDO, Bhabha Atomic research Centre (BARC), Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer etc. take students from M.Sc. Chemistry very frequently via national level entrances with lucrative salaries.

2. On top of this, the UPSC, CSIR – UGC, SSC etc. carries out entrance exams for the recruitment of qualified candidates into the various departments of the government as Scientists.

3. In addition to this candidates with M.Sc. Chemistry can also appear in the Civil Service exams and state PCS where a sound background in chemistry provides an edge.

4. It is also possible for them to join petroleum companies such as the Bharat Petroleum, Indian Oil Corporation, ONGC, and NTPC etc. which regularly conduct recruitment exams for officers. Sound knowledge of chemistry is necessary.
Teaching Profession in Government Sector after M.Sc in Chemistry
1. Candidates can seek employment with different universities that are accepted by the government of India. The University of Kerala, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Osmania University, Mahatma Gandhi University, Delhi University etc. take in M.Sc. chemistry post-graduates as Asst. Professors if they have cleared NET with starting salaries of Rs. 40,000.

2. Candidates who have M.Sc. and B. Ed degree can go for teaching career in schools such as Kendriya Vidhalaya, Navodaya and schools at state level, where chemistry teachers are in high demand.
Jobs in private sector after M.Sc. in Chemistry
1. A candidate with a Master's degree in Chemistry can get jobs with chemical industries, pharmaceutical industries such as Ranbaxy, Cipla, Glaxo etc. as quality controllers etc.

2. Candidates with Master's degree are also employed in Food technology industry and Packaging industry
Research Options
1. Candidates after M.Sc. are eligible for M. Tech from IITs in anyone of the fields

Nano Technology
Chemical Synthesis and Process Development
Biomedical Engineering
Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering
Polymer Science & Technology
Modern method of Chemical Analysis
Textile Engineering
Material Science and Metallurgy
Energy Studies
Fiber Science
Rubber Technology
Advanced Chemical Analysis
Material Sciences
Solid State Tech.

2. If you clear CSIR-UGC-JRF/ NET exam, you may have the following options:
a. Do Ph.D. from any one of IITs, IISc., NCL, CDRI, TIFR or any other Indian University.
b. Join CSIR or DST funded projects.

27th October 2013, 02:24 PM
shayasmk

You may look any post graduation jobs at government level. It would still be difficult to get something other than something dealing with chemicals. Writhing psc exams frequently may do good for you to get a new job.

Best of luck.

Other than this, you will have to apply with your graduation certificate for any jobs. You can get more areas with that certificate. As you had done 2 years for PG after that, there will be a little struggle for it to happen

15th January 2014, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

I have complited MSc this yr but now i dont no what to do actually i dont no what is PhD exactly..........pls help me

15th January 2014, 08:19 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have completed your Post Graduation in M.Sc Chemistry.

After completion of this course, you will get job opportunities in
-Chemical Laboratories
-Biotech Companies
-Pharmaceutical Companies
-Hospitals
-Clinical Laboratories
-Diagnostic Centers etc.

With regard to your job profile, in most of the jobs offered, you will have to deal with the chemicals.

80% of job profile will include handling chemicals.

If you are not interested in handling chemicals, you would have opted for other courses at Post Graduation level like MBA.

Then you would have got job opportunities in other companies.

However, you don't need to worry about this.

For every chemical or pharmaceutical company will include
-Finance Department
-Production Department
-Quality Analysis Department
-Research and Development Department
-HR department etc.

My suggestion would be try for job opportunities in QA department where you don't need to handle chemicals.

Currently you are working in production department.

Better ask for the change in your current company and if they don't move you to QA, then you can try for other company.

Wish you all the best.

15th January 2014, 08:57 PM
AJEETKUMARSINGH77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
in any reputed lab you got enrolled other than teaching.

28th April 2014, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have to need www.amd.gov.in recuryment sylabas or modal papers for the post of sientific assistence -b post plz give to anwser send to [email protected]

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?