16th November 2015, 12:44 PM
Priyank.singh

What are the options to get a job in defense? I am a graduate from Arts stream

I'm a graduate from Arts stream. Age 26. I want to what are the options to get a job in defense. Meanwhile I also have experience for 4 years into service industry.

16th November 2015, 02:10 PM
maakaladla

Default Re: What are the options to get a job in defense? I am a graduate from Arts stream

One of the Easiest ways to join the Defense forces after the Bachelor's degree is to sit for the UPSC examination for the same-Combined defense service examination. you can sit for this examination if your age is anywhere between 19-24 years and you have to completed your graduation from a UGC recognized university for institution.
if you male candidate then you can select the Indian Military Academy.

The written examination for the same is held twice a year,September/October and February/March for which notification are provided in all leading newspaper and journals.
16th November 2015, 08:26 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the options to get a job in defense? I am a graduate from Arts stream

No, you are not eligible to join the defense service as according to your age qualification.

To join the Defense services the maximum age limit is 24 years for the CDS examination conducted by the UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-24 years.
* Only unmarried candidates are eligible.

So, you cannot appear for the examination to get the recruitment in the defense services. For more information about the examination details visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
16th November 2015, 08:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, being the graduation passed candidates you are eligible to join the defense services.

But to appear for the examination to get the recruitment in the defense services as CDS examination the candidates above 24 years cannot appear for the examination.

The examination is a common examination for the recruitment of the candidates in the different defense services. So, you cannot appear for the examination. For more details for the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
17th November 2015, 12:03 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# After graduation, best way to join any Indian defence force is cracking the Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination conducted by Union Public Ser Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) two times in a year.

# Required educational qualification:

* 10+2+3 system of education from recognized university.
* Candidates with degree in any stream/discipline/subjects are eligible to apply.
* Candidate with any marks/percentage marks/grades are eligible to apply.
* Candidates in the final year of graduation are also eligible.

# Followings is the academies for which the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

* Naval Academy (NA)
* Air Force Academy (AFA)
* Indian Military Academy (IMA)
* Officer Training Academy (OTA)

# Required age limit for Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

* 19-22 years Naval Academy (NA)
* 19-23 years for Air Force Academy (AFA)
* 19-24 years for Indian Military Academy (IMA)
* 19-25 years for Officer Training Academy (OTA)

# Apart from above mentioned eligibility conditions, there is requirement of few more eligibility conditions from the candidates such as:

* Candidate should citizen of India.
* Must have good physique and health.
* Must not have any bodily defect or abnormality.
* Must not be married.
* Must be male candidate except for Officer Training Academy (OTA).
* Must have vision of 6/6 (for good eye) and 6/9 (for bad eye).
* Must not have anti-social or anti-national activity or record.
* Must not have any serious or critical disease.

# Selection process of Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination involves:

* Objective Type Written Test
* SSB Interview
* Physical & Medical Test

# Syllabus prescribed for Objective Type Written Test:

* General Studies
* Computer Knowledge
* Quantitative Aptitude
* Current Affairs
* General English
* Reasoning Ability

# It is advisable that candidate should be in regular and continuous touch with followings mediums for latest updates regarding Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

* Any local or national level newspaper
* Employment News (weekly newspaper
* Official website of UPSC i.e. http://upsc.gov.in
* Rozgar Samachar (weekly newspaper)

# Names of few suggested books for the preparation of Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination are:

* Arihant's General Studies
* Pearson Guide to English Language
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Arihant's Objective English
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Lucent's General Studies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?