15th February 2016, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?

I am currently pursuing MSc integrated biotechnology and I wish to take up a career in psychology ,I want to do PhD in clinical psychology. Can you please tell me what are the pre requisites for a PhD and also if bachelors and masters degree in psychology via distance education is recognised.

Related Questions:
15th February 2016, 07:02 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?

Education in distance mode is recognized everywhere in India and even in abroad. I just didn't understand one thing. In India you don't find distance education courses on integrated biotechnology. So you cannot say that is is a distance course. But now, if you want you can proceed with a distance education course. You want to do PhD in psychology. Then you must first complete M.Phil. in psychology. It will remove the need to sit for another entrance examination to enrolled in PhD. You need to just sit for entrance examination for M.Phil. in psychology. If you clear it with more than 50%, you will be selected for the course. You will get a guide affiliated under the university you are applying for M.Phil. This guide will give you projects to work on these two years of the M.Phil. Not only this M.Phil. course is an extra feather in your cap, an added advantage is that, you will not require a separate guide to pursue PhD. You can continue under the same guide of your M.Phil. course. This time when you opt for PhD., not only don't you have to sit for any entrance examination, you also will get leniency at the time of interview. This is because your M.Phil. guide will straightway accept you as his student for PhD. So please get enrolled in M.Phil. first and if you want you can get admitted in distance education.
4th June 2017, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?

If I m doing psychology by arts so it has less value than science??? Am I going in right path by taking arts or not?? B.sc .m.sc is better or this streams are same for psychology study??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?