24th January 2012, 05:44 PM
athirasandeep

What is the procedure to apply for M.Phil? Pattern of the entrance exam?

I completed Msc CS i wish to do Mphil.plz tell me what is the procedeur.is there any entrance exam i want to wright.if so give me the pattern of those exam

2nd August 2012, 01:41 AM
ab7777

Arrow Re: What is the procedure to apply for M.Phil? Pattern of the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by athirasandeep View Post
I completed Msc CS i wish to do Mphil.plz tell me what is the procedeur.is there any entrance exam i want to wright.if so give me the pattern of those exam
The M.Phil. Degree has the status of an intermediate Degree between the first Post-Graduate Degree and the Doctorate Degree. It will have both research and course components and will give the student adequate background for advanced research.

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a master’s degree are holding a bachelor's degree in (B.E/B.Tech) or any other equivalent branches of engineering. The duration for this course is 2 years.

The admission process varies from college to college but the general trend in most colleges is that there is an entrance exam based on what one has learnt in bachelor's course, logical reasoning and sometimes english. The candidates who clear the written test are called for an interview and on the basis of that the candidate is finally selected.

This link contains the rules and information related to MPhil degree laid down by pune university : http://www.unipune.ac.in/university_...Phil.Rules.pdf

There are several colleges offering the M.Phil course in India, the most famous and best ones are:
  • KGISL Institute of Information Management (IIM)
  • A.R.C. Viswanathan College
  • Amravati University
  • Govt. Arts College (Autonomous)
  • J.J College of Arts and Science
  • M.M. University Institute of Engg & Technology
  • Kurinji Arts and Science College
  • Sastra University Srinivasa Ramanujan Center
  • Sacred Heart College (Autonomous)
  • Shrimati Indira Gandhi college

Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?