20th April 2012, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become an Air Hostess after completing 12th in science?

I want to be a airhostess and want to work in international flight
tell me the whole procedure after completing 12th in science?

3rd August 2012, 05:50 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become an Air Hostess after completing 12th in science?

Air Hostess is very attractive carrer for girls which not only pays well but also allows you to travel a lot. Only girls who love to travel should pick Air Hostess as the profession and should meet the requirements I am going to mention below.

Like I said Air Hostess is preferred career for girls not just in India but around the world. It is a profession that pays very well despite the fact that major airlines are going backrupt in India. All the crisis has not affected Air Hostess as a profession and girls continue to pursue this field.

Great thing about this profession is that pay is excellent. It starts from Rs 20,000 and goes up to 35 to 40,000 depending on the airline. And its not just the salary but the additional perks that too attract the girls. Mainly the perks include daily allowance, which may not be offered by every airline, cheap air tickets, etc. The perks and pay increases with experience and you may also get promotion for posts like:

Senior Hostess/Steward

Cabin Supervisors

Training Manager

Now lets come to the required criteria:

The minimum age to become Air Hostess in India is 19 years. As per the rules of DGCA, airlines can not hire girls under the age of 19 as Air hostess. Airlines on the other hand prefer the air hostesses between the age group of 19 to 27 years.

Education Criteria:

Most airlines prefer candidates with at least graduation degree. However there is a chance to become air hostess after 12th but very few airlines would accept that. Your best chance to become air hostess is after completing Hotel Management or Tourism Management course.

~~ Your english should be fluent. This is especially important to fly international routes.

~~ You must have passport.

~~ Knowing how to swim is also very important requirement. This is because there is always a threat of plane crashing in the water. In such circumstances, air hostess should know how to swim so that she could help the passengers of the plane.

Physical Standards:

Although there is a good chance that every single airline may have different physical critera, below are the criteria required by almost every single airline.

Height:

You height should be at least 157.5 cm to become air hostess.

Weight:

The weight should be in propotion to your height. Weight is the most sensitive issue here because airlines would not think twice to fire you even if you have 2 kg more weight. They have been criticised for such behavior but still continue to follow this practice.

Eyesight:

Distant View 6/24 is preferred by the airline. The vision is correctable to 6/6 to one eye and 6/9 to other eye. Air Hostesses are not allowed to wear eyeglasses or get their vision corrected via operation. However they can wear contact lense with maximum power of -2D (Minus Two Diopters).
3rd August 2012, 08:36 PM
archanagalenka

Default Re: What is the procedure to become an Air Hostess after completing 12th in science?

Air Hostess must have to work in extreme conditions sometimes on board , so you must have quick , correct thinking ability to start your career.

Here i am mentioning you the eligibility criteria for becoming an Air Hostess

Eligibility :

Educational Qualification :

You must have qualified 10+2 from any recognized board
or
You must be a Degree holder from any recognized university

Age Criteria :

You must have age between 17 - 27 years.

The selection procedure for Air Hostess is mainly based on Written exam , Group Discussion , Interview with the panel of experts of Air Crew.

1. You must hold an Indian Passport.
2. You must have minimum 212 cm which enables you to reach emergency equipment in case of emergency.
3. You must be UNMARRIED
4. You must have fluency in English , Hindi and Knowledge in International Language added as advantage.
5. You should be Physically fit.

These are the minimum criteria for becoming an Air Hostess for any further information leave your message here.

all the best
6th August 2012, 02:18 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

to Become Air Hostage You should accomplish following Qualiffication:

=> you should have completed your 12th from recognise board in any stream.
=> you should also have completed you Graduation Degree in any stream.
=> age should be between 18-27 years.
=> you should unmarried.
=> hight should be 158 cm.
=> you shoul know atleast English and Hindi and other International language.

All the best
24th August 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

how to became an international air hostess after completing b.b.a. plzzz tell me about this?
8th July 2013, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

For made airhostess science subject should be compulsory in 12th class or not?
4th October 2013, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

is it important to have graduation in any stream. plz rply fast.
ankita from kerala
8th October 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Is passport neccessary to become an air hostess
16th November 2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage for applying for air hostess after 12 class.
24th November 2013, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

i am married but still want to do airhostess job???
4th December 2013, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

after completing twelth in science....how can we pursue in hotel management
3rd January 2014, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become in air hostess after composting bba with marketing? ????
30th January 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to become an air hostess after complete 12 th sci with good marks?
31st January 2014, 04:16 PM
gbtas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the minimum percentage for applying for air hostess after 12 class.
1. You need to pass 12th standard.
2.Good communication skills in english
3.Good eye complexion
4.Minimum height 5.3-5.5 inches
5.Good complexion
6.Passport is required some institutes help you to appy passport from their institutes if you do not have passport.

Benefits:
1.You can select by national and international airways both if u clear your interview.
2.Minimum salary starts from 30000 maximum upto 100000
3.Free living in all 5 star hotels
4.Free flight tickets
4th March 2014, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to become an air hostess. Is swimming compulsory for this job?
23rd March 2014, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I am student12 science withpcb group is the mathsbjt necessaryfor becoming airhostess?

?
24th November 2014, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Does any airline gives accommodation? If an air hostess joins from Delhi then which will be the best suitable place to accommodate which is safe and sound?
10th December 2014, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in nursing this year and i wanted to join air hostess.Height 164cm,weight 59. So, is there any way out for me to join air hostess?? please give me your valuable suggestion.
Thank you.
11th January 2015, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

how to apply for an international airhostess and how much earn an international airhostess in a month?
28th December 2015, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to become an air hostress after completing commerce in 12th?
7th January 2016, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I'm a commerce student and I have passed 12 class.. after completing 12 I wanna become an air hostress....am good in English...nd am politely in nature....is there any way out of me to join air hostress...???
19th July 2016, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th and want to become a air hostess so can I first to hotel management course and then what should I do after that ?
25th July 2016, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

I have graduation completion but I can't talk in English properly wht should I do
7th January 2017, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 12th commerce, and i want to do BBA(Marketing) , but my query is about that Can i become Cabin Crew after BBA ??
I mean after BBA in any field can i apply for cabin crew jobs ?
31st March 2017, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

There are too many agents out there who are fooling girls and asking for lakhs of investment, I've been one of them, So I need to know where do I exactly go to get the job. I am really confused at who is an agent and who is the true one...!!!! Please help me where can I find the right place..!!
6th April 2017, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become an air hostess after completing graduation in arts subject...?
21st April 2017, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

What is the fees for taking training for become a good air hostess in Franklin airlines?
19th May 2017, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/ M'am, My name is Anisa Shaikh. I have all ready send my question. but i can not get any answer. so, this is my email id [email protected] send me your replay.
20th May 2017, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

I have a dream of becoming air hostess, I have certificate in hospitality management and am 24 years old....how can I get one and how can I apply...
22nd September 2017, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become a airhostess after completing diploma in engineering
14th June 2018, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I want to became an air hostess but I have no idea regarding this job . I am working in jewelry field so can I apply for this positions I f I can then tell me procedure
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?