2nd June 2016, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for getting admission to BFA course after 12th standard?

I would like to take admission for the BFA course starting after 12th. Please send me all the necessary details for the same. It will be really helpful if you can answer me back as soon as possible. Awaiting for response on this. Thank you!

2nd June 2016, 02:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission to BFA course after 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would like to take admission for the BFA course starting after 12th. Please send me all the necessary details for the same. It will be really helpful if you can answer me back as soon as possible. Awaiting for response on this. Thank you!
BFA stands for Bachelor of Fine Arts. It is a three year bachelor's degree course. If you have interest in visual arts and you have flare for drawing, sketching, painting or you are someone who is very creative and someone with good imaginative power and innovative ideas , then this course is most definitely for you.

There are some good universities out there for this course from where either you can do full time graduation or through correspondence. The first year course is known as the foundation course and the second year deals with the specialization course. Now depending upon how you fare in the first two years, the third year specialization is decided accordingly.

Most of the institutes offering this course usually gives admission by preparing a merit list. While others might take an entrance exams to screen the deserving candidates for this course. So you should go through the admission process of each college minutely before shortlisting them.

Top Colleges for BFA in India:-
  • MS University of Baroda - Fine Arts Faculty
  • MS University of Baroda - Fine Arts Faculty
  • College of Art - University of Delhi
  • Sir J J Institute of Applied Art
  • Faculty of Fine Arts - Jamia Millia Islamia
  • Bharati Kala Mahavidyalaya
  • Department of Fine Arts, Kurukshetra University
  • Department of Fine Arts, Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith
  • L S Raheja School of Art
2nd June 2016, 04:22 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission to BFA course after 12th standard?

BFA is an acronym for Bachelor of Fine Arts.

It is a four year duration undergraduate academic degree course in the field of Fine Arts.

Eligibility criteria :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with 55% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology and English from a recognized board of education.

Admission to this course is offered based on the marks obtained in the senior secondary examination or entrance test conducted by the concerned institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?