19th August 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to take IAF? I am studying final year in Computer Science and engineering

hai am dilip studying final year in computer science engineering.....i really do wanna take up iaf ......please do tell me the criteria and the format of taking up the exams...il be completing my engg in 2012-2013.......what should my aggregate be.....what are the exams for that particularly....i just wanna devote my ilfe in iaf....thank you...

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for IAF after pursuing Final Year engineering in computer science? Date of sale of application form?
  2. How can I apply for government polytechnic job? I am studying final year B.E CS student
  3. How to join IAF after doing 3rd year B.E(Computer Science)? What is the procedure?
  4. How to apply for Off Campus placements while studying B.E Computer Science and Engineering?
  5. Can I give the exam of income tax officer in final year after studying final year engineering computer science -- [New]
  6. Procedure to join IAF in Technical Group? I am studying in B.E EEE pre final year
  7. How to join IAF or Navy after passing B.Tech computer science
  8. Shall I apply for government polytechnic Lecturer job? Procedure to apply for that job?
  9. How to get recruited in Army or IAF or DRDO being a candidate of pursuing final year of Automobile Engineering?
  10. How to do M.Tech while studying final year B.E in computer science?
  11. Procedure to become CBI Officer being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering?
  12. How may I get recruited in RAW? I am pursuing B.Tech(In final year) with CSE stream
  13. Is it possible for me to get into IAF if I have PUC background in Commerce and my main subject is Computer Science(No Maths and Physics background)?
  14. What is the procedure for a girl to apply for IAF? I have finished B.Tech in computer science stream
  15. How to become a Pilot after passing B.Tech 2nd year in computer science
  16. How to attend inplant training in BHEL company at Bangalore? I am studying B.E computer science and engineering
  17. Is m.e computer science and engineering good? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I apply for government jobs while in final year of computer engineering? Procedure to apply?
15th January 2013, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the procedure to take IAF? I am studying final year in Computer Science and engineering

hai am anand studying final year in computer science engineering.....i really do wanna take up iaf ......please do tell me the criteria and the format of taking up the exams...il be completing my engg in 2012-2013.......what should my aggregate be.....what are the exams for that particularly....i just wanna devote my ilfe in iaf....thank you...waiting for kind reply
15th January 2013, 04:15 PM
nitishtrifid

Default Re: What is the procedure to take IAF? I am studying final year in Computer Science and engineering

Hello Dear,

If you want to make your career in Indian Air Force after engineering then CDS exam is the best option for you.
CDS stands for Combined defense services. this exam is conduct by UPSC twice in a year.
Eligibility Criteria For CDS is
candidate should be completed graduation
Age Limit

For IMA 19 to 24
For OTA 19 to 25
For NA 19 to 22
For AFA 19 to 23
15th January 2013, 09:04 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hai am dilip studying final year in computer science engineering.....i really do wanna take up iaf ......please do tell me the criteria and the format of taking up the exams...il be completing my engg in 2012-2013.......what should my aggregate be.....what are the exams for that particularly....i just wanna devote my ilfe in iaf....thank you...
As you are doing Engineering in computer science and you want to join Indian Air-Force,thus you will have to appear and get passed in AFCAT(Air-Force Common Admission Test).

Eligibility for AFCAT(Air-Force Common Admission Test)

Nationality :- Indian .

Educational qualification :-

>>You must be passed out in your Engineering degree from recognized university.
>>Your degree should be approved from the AICTE.

>>Your minimum marks should be 19 years.
>>Your upper limit will be 23 years.

Marks :-

>>Your minimum marks should be 60% in class 10+2 in Physics and Mathematics.
>>Your minimum marks in 4 years Engineering degree should be 60%.

Physical Standards :-

>>Your minimum Height should be 162.5 cms.
>>Your minimum leg lenght should be 99 cm,s and should not be above 120 cms.
>>Your minimum sitting height should be 81.5 cms and should not be above 96 cms.
>>Your vision should be 6/6 in one eye and 6/19 in another eye.

In order to Apply for AFCAT >> Click Here .
20th January 2013, 08:33 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What is the procedure to take IAF? I am studying final year in Computer Science and engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are 2 entry schemes through which you can apply for the Indian Air force as an officer. The entry schemes are Air Force Common Admission Test and Combined Defence Service Examination. The AFCAT examination is conducted by the Indian Air force and the CDS examination is conducted by the UPSC twice a year. The eligibility criteria for both of the entry schemes is given below:

AFCAT exam
After the completion of your engineering you can apply for the AFCAT examination for the various branches of Indian Air force like Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground duty branch.

Age Limit
For Flying Branch 19 to 23 Years
For Technical Branch 18 to 28 Years
For Ground duty Branch 20 to 23 Years

CDS exam
A candidate can apply for the CDS examination after the completion of graduation. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible for the combined defence service examination.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 years
Air Force Academy 19-23 years
Naval Academy 19-22 years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?