30th September 2012, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification to appear for NET exam? How much percentage is required for PG

What is the qualification for appearing in net exam?
How much percentage required in post graduation?

13th October 2012, 08:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification to appear for NET exam? How much percentage is required for PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.So the minimum Qualification for NET exam is Masters Degree required.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% marks above in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For Junior research fellowship course , your age should be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

From this year NET exam pattern totally changed .Question paper are based on only Objective type.There is no negative marking.

NET exam date for June session is already over so you can wait for Next notification for the exam of December 2012.The announcement will be published on UGC website

For more information about NET Exam , you can visit to http://www.ugc.ac.in/

13th October 2012, 09:35 PM
bhaskar51

Default Re: What is the qualification to appear for NET exam? How much percentage is required for PG

Quote:
ET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.So the minimum Qualification for NET exam is Masters Degree required.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% marks above in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For Junior research fellowship course , your age should be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

From this year NET exam pattern totally changed .Question paper are based on only Objective type.There is no negative marking.

NET exam date for June session is already over so you can wait for Next notification for the exam of December 2012.The announcement will be published on UGC website

For more information about NET Exam.log on to
www.ugcnet.exam.net
14th October 2012, 09:41 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

NET means National Eligibility Test.It is conducted for the Junior Research fellowship and Lectureship by the University grants Commission.

It is conducted twice every year ,one in the month of june and other in the month of december.

The minimum qualifications required for this examination is post graduation that is master's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Candidate must have obtained at least 55 % marks in master's degree to be eligible for the NET examinations.Final year P.G candidates are also allowed to give the Net examinations.

For SC/ST aspirants ,minimum % of marks is 50.

For JRF : Upper age limit is 28 years

For Lectureship : There is no upper age limit.

The examination pattern for UGC -NET is :

For applying online to this examination,you may visit www.ugcnetonline.in.

hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
15th October 2012, 09:37 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test. It is Conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission in the months of June & December.

NET is held for the post of Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturership.

The Essential Requirements for NET are :

* You must have completed your post graduation from any recognized college/university.

* You must have a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation to acquire eligibility for NET.

* The age limit for the post of JRF is 21-28 years whereas there is no age limit for the post of lecturer.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want
15th December 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

I have done my M.A from I.G.N.O.U and hve got 51% as I am M.B.C , so I am fit for N.E.T exam?
16th December 2012, 12:43 AM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: What is the qualification to appear for NET exam? How much percentage is required for PG

Hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

Cool Thanks....
11th February 2013, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I have done MCM (Master in computer management) from Nagpur university and also done PGDBA from symbiosis.In MCM I got 65% marks, so can you tell me I am fit for the N.E.T exam?
13th September 2013, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.Ed with 61%?can i appear in NET exm for the subject of education....
13th September 2013, 11:54 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend....................

In order to give the National Eligibility test conducted by the University Grants commission ,you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

1.Academic qualifications:

>>You must be a post graduate in any discipline from any recognized university .If you are in final year of post graduation then also no problem you can apply for the exam.

>>But one thing you must ensure before applying online that minimum % of marks in master's degree should not be less than 55 % for the general and 50% for sc/st.

2.Age limit :

The minimum age limit is 19 years and upper age limit for the different posts are :

>>Junior research fellowship:28 years

>>Lectureship:no upper age limit.

Note:1. There is no bar on no of attempts.

2.This exam is conducted twice every year one in the June and other in the December .Today is the last date to apply for the June 2013 NET exam.

For any more details ,you may log on to www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information will definitely help you .If you want any more clarification or you have any other query please leave it here.

all the best for your career.
14th September 2013, 02:06 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam Being Conducted by UGC.

This exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should have a citizen of india.

The candidate should complete the graduation from any recognized university.

One should have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.

AGE LIMIT:

There is no upper age limit for the candidate lectureship.

But for JRF candidates the age limit between 19 to 28 years.

For updated information visit the site

http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

All the best.............
14th September 2013, 12:09 PM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## NET(National Eligibility Test) examination is conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year in JUNE & DECEMBER months
## The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NET examination is POSTGRADUATION(masters degree) with atleast 55% of marks & 5% marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates
## Final year PostGraduate students are also eligible to apply for NET exam
## Age limit to apply for Junior Research Fellowship is 19-28 years & the age relaxations are as per government regulations
## And for Lecturership, the minimum age limit is 19 years & there is no maximum age limit
## For further details please visit www.ugc.ac.in

** ALL THE BEST **
15th September 2013, 11:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

UGC NET is conducted for following purposes:

-Lecturership

-Junior Research Fellowships

Education Required:

Post Graduation with 55% marks from a recognized University.

5% relaxation in marks available for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.

Age Limit for NET:

For LS : no upper age limit

For JRF : below 28 years for General candidates. Age relaxation available for reserved category candidates.

Exam Pattern:

16th September 2013, 01:44 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hi,

You can become a lecturer or a junior research fellow by qualifying NET exam

NET or National Eligibility Test is conducted by UGC.

The qualification required for NET is Post Graduation from a recognized university.

You shuld score a minimum of 55 % aggregate marks for general catgory and 50% for SC / ST category

There is no age limit for lecturership position,

You should not be more than 28 years of age for JRF position.

Visit www.ugcnet.in
16th September 2013, 09:29 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by University Grant Commission twice every year for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, can apply for NET.

There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
16th September 2013, 12:08 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes, you can apply for the UGC NET exams after completing your Post Graduation

NET Exam is conducted for:

Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:

Post Graduation pass

Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates

Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:

Lectureship-No age limit

JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years

OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years

All the best......................

16th September 2013, 05:30 PM
shivangi pranvir singh

Quote:
you cam appear for net if you have acquired more than 55 percent in master degree
16th September 2013, 08:08 PM
chandpasha7867

Eligibility criteria for NET.
1. Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.So the minimum Qualification for NET exam is Masters Degree required.
2. For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% marks above in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.
3. For Junior research fellowship course , your age should be in between 19 to 28 years.
4. For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.
5. From this year NET exam pattern totally changed .Question paper are based on only Objective type.There is no negative marking.
5th December 2014, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

I am b.com student and I want to give this exam after post graduate so which subject needs for this test
27th March 2017, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

In our college they are giving CGPA instead of Percentage in the final grade sheet. Then what will be consider as 55% the CGPA (5.5) or else they will calculate the percentage from the given Mark sheet.

Please clarify my Doubt.
22nd July 2017, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

If I complete my pg degree from open university, then can I eligible for NET exam? & any marks reduction is occur here?
25th July 2017, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my bed in egnou but I have not completed MA can i quallify net exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?