16th June 2019, 12:49 PM
kritikap17

What are the requirements to become a Professor in government colleges?

I am pursuing B.Ed and I am a Graduate Microbiology (microbiology+botany+chemistry) and Post Graduate in Bioinformatics. I want to be in teaching line with good career prospects. Can I be a government teacher? Or, a Lecturer in college? My age is 30 years.

17th June 2019, 05:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the requirements to become a Professor in government colleges?

To be become an Assistant Professor (lecturer) of any recognised university, you are required to qualify entrance examinations such as NET/SET/SLET.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category. Further, there is no age limit to apply for NET/SET for becoming an assistant professor.

So, being a postgraduate degree holder in Bioinformatics, you are eligible for becoming an assistant professor / lecturer in government colleges by qualifying NET/SET in concerned paper.
18th June 2019, 12:37 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the requirements to become a Professor in government colleges?

Post graduation is the minimum eligibility required to become a lecturer in a college. In order to apply for this post, one should clear UGC NET exam. They can apply if they have 55% marks during post graduation. For notifications about vacant posts, one can login to UGC site. Candidates need to clear this exam with a good score as initial selection process. The second level of selection consists of a personal interview and teaching demo.
18th June 2019, 07:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become a professor in government college, candidates have to appear and qualify in NET or CSIR examination.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no age limit to become lecturer.

So, if you will qualify in NET, you are eligible for the selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?