6th September 2013, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

What is the scope fr mechanical students in GATE?

can u tell me d scope 4 mechanical students for Gate ??
what he can do while doing coaching ?

15th July 2015, 12:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope fr mechanical students in GATE?

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. It is the entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology for post graduate course in technology. Nowadays GATE scorecard and rank has become important for taking jobs in Public Sector Undertakings.

So there is wide scope for mechanical engineers through GATE exam. If you score well in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, you can do:

>>Master of technology in different specialization of Mechanical Engineering from top institutes like IITs, NITs and other government engineering colleges.

>>You may get shortlisted in various Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC etc.

After getting shortlisted, you will be called for Group Discussion and Personal interview for final selection into PSUs.

Best books for preparation of GATE exam:

>>Strength of Materials by B.C Punamia.

>>Operational Research by KantiSwarup.

>>Industrial Engineering by Buffa and Sarin.

>>Mechanical Engineering by Grover.

>>Theory of Machines R.S Khurmi.

>>Heat and Mass Transfer by J.P Hollman and R Sachdeva.

>>Fluid Machinery by R.K Bansal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?