29th May 2012, 02:56 PM
mandakini patel

What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?

sir i want to become ips officer this year i have completed 12(maths) and scored 83% now what i have to do to cross the exam of ips please tell me and what types of entrance exam i have to apply and from which books i have to study to cross the exam and which city(indore, bhopal) is best for caoching to learn please tell me.
thanks

29th May 2012, 05:01 PM
belidepriyanka

Default Re: What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?

hi........
being a student who has completed 12 th class is not an eligibility criteria for doing IPS you need to do any graduation course if you want to do IPS...after compleetion of graduation then you can apply for it
29th May 2012, 05:16 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?

To become IPS officer you have to appear for Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidate to take this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this Exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this Exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

IPS 2012 Important Dates

IPS 2012 notification release on 4-02-2012
IPS 2012 application form available from 04-02-2012

last date for submitting application form 5-03-2012
Preliminary exam – 20-05-2012
Final Exam – 5- 10 – 2012

Syllabus for IPS Examination :
1. Quantitative Aptitude
2. Verbal Ability
3. DI/DS
4. Reasoning Ability
5. General Awareness

Preliminary exam is divided in 2 papers:-

Books for Paper 1 of CSAT

General Studies Manual:Before you get any other book for IPS get a GS manual as it covers all aspects of Paper 1 in good detail. It is also useful from revision point of view.

Modern History: India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra

Ancient and Medieval History:
NCERT text books of class VIII to X

General Science: NCERT text books of class IX and X

Geography: NCERT text books class XI and XII + a good Atlas +Certificate Course in Physical Geography by Goh Cheng Leong

Indian Economy:
Spectrum's books on Economy + Economic Survey for figures and analysis

Current Affairs: Manorama Year Book + The Hindu newspaper + a good magazine like Civil Services Chronicle

Polity: Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap + bare constitution containing just the articles

Books for CSAT Paper 2

Second paper contains many new topics like;
• mental ability
• data interpretation
• English language test
• passage
• decision making
• and logical reasoning

Books for these topics are:
• CSAT Manual by Pearson
• Crack CSAT by Disha Experts
• CSAT Paper 2 by Unique Publications

More information : www.upsc.gov.in/
29th May 2012, 05:36 PM
Superankur

Firstly you complete your graduation then u r eligible for it .For reference consult from upkar guide for pattern. Allahabad is best city for coaching
29th May 2012, 07:12 PM
__Prateek
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandakini patel View Post
sir i want to become ips officer this year i have completed 12(maths) and scored 83% now what i have to do to cross the exam of ips please tell me and what types of entrance exam i have to apply and from which books i have to study to cross the exam and which city(indore, bhopal) is best for caoching to learn please tell me.
thanks
You can'nt apply to become a ips officer just after 12th, first you have to do your degree course whether bachelor or masters or any other equivalent course before you can apply for ips.

ELIGIBILITY TO BECOME A IPS OFFICER ~

To be eligible for becoming an ips officer you must possess a degree course from an indian university or an equivalent qualification.

those in the final year can also apply to exam taken by upsc.

AGE ~

candidate must have attain the age of 21 on 1 aug on the yr of examination and should'nt be 30 yr.

3 yrs relaxation for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST .

HOW TO PREPARE ~

you have to appear for two subjects , general studies and optional subject.

PREPARING FOR GENERAL STUDIES PAPER ~

In this paper you have to prepare for the "current affairs"

for history , economics and politics you must read the "NCERT BOOKS OF 11 AND 12"

For general knowledge follow the books-

1.general studies refresher by O.P KHANNA

2.COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW issued from december to may.

3. also follow the last year question papers.

PREPARING FOR OPTIONAL SUBJECT

there are many optional subject present, so prepare accoding to the subject taken by you .

GOOD BOOKS FOR PREPARATION ~

1.Indian history - by bipin chandra and NCERT 11 and 12 th books

2.geography - by spectrum

3. indian politics - by bakshi

4.indian economics - pratiyogita darpan and 11 , 12 th books

5. general science - by tata mc graw hill guide

6.mental ability - by quantity aptitude by r.s agarwal

7. current affairs - read the newspaper and magazines
29th May 2012, 07:43 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?

Quote:
thanks
A candidate can apply for the post of IPS through civil service examination. Civil service examination is conducted by the Union Public Service commission every year. The eligibility required for the civil service examination is given below:

Education Qualification

Candidate applying for the civil service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
The age limit required for the civil service examination is given bellow:

GENERAL CANDIDATES 21 to 30 years

SC/ST CANDIDATES 21 to 35 years

OBC CANDIDATES 21 to 33 years

PH CANDIDATES 21 to 37 years

How to crack IPS exam

The civil service exam is not an easy exam. It is one of the highly reputed exam of India. It would be better if your join some coaching institutes for the preparation of civil service examination. There are various coaching institutes in India in which you can apply for the preparation of civil service examination. Below is the list of some top coaching institutes is given in which you can apply.

Coaching Institutes

PRITHVI
Web: www.prithvi.net.in
E-Mail[email protected]

DIRECTION
Web: www.directionias.com

IAS / IES Made Easy (Engineers India Centre)
Web: www.iesmadeeasy.org, www.iesmadeeasy.in

KALP ACADEMY
Web: www.kalpacademy.com

SHAR STUDY CIRCLE
Email: call @sharstudycircle.com
Web: www.sharstudycircle.com

SRIRAM'S IAS
Web: www.sriramsias.com

BHARDWAS CLASSES
Web: www.bhardwasclasses.com

KRISHNA REDDY'S IAS
Web: www.krispias.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

S.N.Das Gupta College,
Ph. 5781219, 5764516

Vajiram and Ravi IAS Study Centre
Web: http://www.vajiramandravi.com
Ph: 25820000, 25734058

Rau's IAS Study Circle
Web: http://www.rauias.com

IDP3
E-mail - [email protected], [email protected],
Ph: 27568675, 09811441258, 9868145716

Career Point
Ph: 011-26966168,
Mob: 98118 39493

Chanakya Academy
Ph: 27650721, 27650096
Fax: 011-27110776

Centre For Coaching & Placement
Email:[email protected]

Hamdard Study Circle
E-Mail:[email protected]
Web: http://www.jamiahamdard.edu/study.asp

Gyan Bindu Academy
Gyan Bindu Academy 28a/11a,
(Ground Floor) Jia Sarai (Near Iit Delhi)
New Delhi - 110016
Phone: 011-26562008, 9313033399

Books for IAS exam

29th May 2012, 11:33 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?

HEllo Friend.............
A candidate can apply for the post of IPS through civil service examination. Civil service examination is conducted by the Union Public Service commission every year.

How to crack IPS exam

The civil service exam is not an easy exam. It is one of the highly reputed exam of India. It would be better if your join some coaching institutes for the preparation of civil service examination. There are various coaching institutes in India in which you can apply for the preparation of civil service examination. Below is the list of some top coaching institutes is given in which you can apply.

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the civil service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
The age limit required for the civil service examination is given bellow:

GENERAL CANDIDATES 21 to 30 years

SC/ST CANDIDATES 21 to 35 years

OBC CANDIDATES 21 to 33 years

PH CANDIDATES 21 to 37 years

Thank You!!!!!!!1
23rd July 2012, 03:38 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,i am pursuing b.tech 3rd year in computer sciences & engineering.i want to ask

1.the minimum percentage of marks that are required to obtain in the graduation to be able for ips exam

2.is it possible to clear the test without going to coaching centres?

3.how much time will it take to prepare for the exam?
16th August 2012, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to prepare for up pcs ...presently every one is against me about this choice....now this time i am btech student from h.b.t.i kanpur 2nd year.wahat should i do?
11th December 2012, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

i m b.com graduate i m poor in english so how to improve my english
Rahul Bhardwaj
27th January 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my graduation (BCA) my age is 27 i want to become ips officer so is it possible or not & how can i crack ips exam with my job work.
28th January 2013, 01:40 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
thanks
Hey, i think you should take help of a coaching centre-

IAS / IES Made Easy (Engineers India Centre)
Web: www.iesmadeeasy.org, www.iesmadeeasy.in

KALP ACADEMY
Web: www.kalpacademy.com

SHAR STUDY CIRCLE
Email: call @sharstudycircle.com
Web: www.sharstudycircle.com

SRIRAM'S IAS
Web: www.sriramsias.com

BHARDWAS CLASSES
Web: www.bhardwasclasses.com

KRISHNA REDDY'S IAS
Web: www.krispias.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

S.N.Das Gupta College,
Ph. 5781219, 5764516

Vajiram and Ravi IAS Study Centre
Web: http://www.vajiramandravi.com
Ph: 25820000, 25734058

Rau's IAS Study Circle
Web: http://www.rauias.com

IDP3
E-mail - [email protected], [email protected],
Ph: 27568675, 09811441258, 9868145716

Career Point
Ph: 011-26966168,
Mob: 98118 39493

Chanakya Academy
Ph: 27650721, 27650096
Fax: 011-27110776

Centre For Coaching & Placement
Email:[email protected]

Hamdard Study Circle
E-Mail:[email protected]
Web: http://www.jamiahamdard.edu/study.asp

Gyan Bindu Academy
Gyan Bindu Academy 28a/11a,
(Ground Floor) Jia Sarai (Near Iit Delhi)
New Delhi - 110016
Phone: 011-26562008, 9313033399

PRITHVI
Web: www.prithvi.net.in
[email protected]

DIRECTION
Web: www.directionias.com
28th January 2013, 05:50 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
thanks
Hi Aspirant

IPS: Stands for the Indian Police Services !!

And for the IAS And the IPS Post the Union public service commission is conducting the Civil services exam every year and for the exam the candidate should be pass

After the graduation you have to clear the exam if you want to join as a IPS Officer

Pattern of the Exam:

Pre Exam
Mains Exam
Interview

Eligibility Required for the exam:

-The Candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university

-Or either pass in any of the equivalent degree

-The Age of the candidate should be between 21 to 30

-The age relaxation for the obc and sc,st of 3 and 5 years

Attempts :

-Their is 4 attempts for the general

-Their is 7 attempts for the obc

-Their is unlimited attempts for the sc,st

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?