8th June 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after completion of B.Com course having interest to join Civil Services and Army being a girl?

???????????????????????
what should i do after b.com which course may i can apply for..like am very much interested in civil services and army...
...am girl...so please give me right way to select my career...

8th June 2012, 11:32 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of B.Com course having interest to join Civil Services and Army being a girl?

Girls are not allowed to join Army.

So, I suggest you to prepare for civil services.

Here are the top civil services in India.
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Revenue Service
-Indian Foreign Service etc.

In order to be placed in the above mentioned civil services, you should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidate to appear for CSAT Exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

As you have completed B.Com course, you are fulfilling this criteria.

Here is the required age criteria for the candidates to be eligible for this exam.
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

The following optional subjects will be better choice for you for Main Exam.
-Law
-Economics
-Management etc.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
8th June 2012, 12:05 PM
govinda_singh23

Default Re: What should I do after completion of B.Com course having interest to join Civil Services and Army being a girl?

If you want ur career in civil services then the best option is UPSC. As you are a b.com. graduate. U must have done a deep study of your subjects. So just choose your optional subject and start preparing with hard work for your civil exams. You must give at least 8 hrs daily to your study. Do prepare for your preliminary as well as mains exams. Do update yourself with current affairs etc.
8th June 2012, 12:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After completion of B.Com. you can apply for Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

First you must be an Indian National.
You should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University. The final year Graduation candidate are also eligible to apply for CSE.
You should not be bellow 21 years and above 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is of three tire:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam
-Civil Service Main Exam
-Personal Interview

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

As you are interested for Indian Army, Girls are not eligible for this. However after Graduation you will be eligible to apply for Indian Officer's Training Academy of CDS(Combined Defence Service), the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

You should be within the age of 19 to 25 years of age in order to apply for OTA of CDS.
8th June 2012, 01:21 PM

Smile Re: What should I do after completion of B.Com course having interest to join Civil Services and Army being a girl?

Girls are not allowed to join Army.

So, I suggest you to prepare for civil services.

Here are the top civil services in India.
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Revenue Service
-Indian Foreign Service etc.

In order to be placed in the above mentioned civil services, you should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidate to appear for CSAT Exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

As you have completed B.Com course, you are fulfilling this criteria.

Here is the required age criteria for the candidates to be eligible for this exam.
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

The following optional subjects will be better choice for you for Main Exam.
-Law
-Economics
-Management etc.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
8th June 2012, 02:48 PM
sibojyoti

Dear Friend,
You can exercise both options of appearing for the civil service exams as well as joining the army. For appearing at the Civil Services Exams, you need to visit the website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in and get the entire details from there. The civil service examinations are condcted by UPSC, it consists of three stages, viz Preliminary exams, main exams and finally followed by the personal interview process.By cracking this exam one can hold prestigious ranks in the administration of the country. For joining the Indian Army you are required to visit the website of the same viz indianarmy search on google. Alternatively you can also keep an eye on Employment related news papers like Employment News, All India Appointment Gazattee etc.

With Regards,
Sibojyoti
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?