7th September 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a Civil Engineer after completion of 10th standard?

what should i do to become civil engineer after i finish my 10 std

Related Questions:
7th September 2012, 08:52 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: What should I do to become a Civil Engineer after completion of 10th standard?

dear,

in order to become civil engineer you have to qualify some qualities:

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:

--10th pass

--12th pass from subject:

physics

chemistry

maths

AGE LIMIT:you should be greater than 18 yrs for application

--for getting admission in good engineering colleges you have to entrance exam :

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

BITS

with the help of entrance exam you can take admission in good grading colleges and fees is also in comparison to private colleges

or directly you can get admission in colleges but from this method you have to pay a lot and grade of college is also not good
18th January 2013, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do to become a Civil Engineer after completion of 10th standard?

Is there is any entrence exam after 10th . For civil enginearing.?
5th February 2013, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my 10 icse exam and how can i become a civil engineer
6th May 2013, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE SAY ME IN DETAIL HOW TO BECOME CIVIL ENGINEER AFTER TENTH
10th May 2013, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

What should i do to do diploma in civil or construction engineer as I have done 12standard in commerce stream ?
10th May 2013, 10:12 AM
bpraveen b

Dear Friend

In order to Become the civil engineer one should pass the 10th standard or P.U in science Stream.

If you passed with Good Score in 10th Class then go for Diploma in Civil Engineering & DO Well.

if you passed the 12th science Stream then you go for a BE.In Civil Engineering which is Four year degree course and after degree you become the Civil Engineer.

Thank You!
10th May 2013, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

i have passed tenth from a. state board now what should i do to become a civil engineer
10th May 2013, 01:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There are two ways to go forward. You can either take diploma course now or complete 12th standard and then apply for the B.Tech. I am writing down both ways for you.

Diploma After 10th

Since you have completed 10th, it is possible to pursue diploma in Civil Engineering course which is 3 years long. After completing the diploma you can take admission for the B.Tech in Civil through lateral entry scheme.

Under the scheme, you will get admission in the second year of Engineering course. Which means that Engineering course will be 3 years long for you. It will be important to appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test to get admission. To appear for the test you will have to score 60 percent marks in diploma course.

The advantage of doing diploma first is that such students find it little easy to cope with the B.Tech course. The disadvantage is that Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology do not offer lateral entry admission therefore you wont be able to apply in them.

12th And Later B.Tech

The other way of course is to continue with school studies. You will have to take admission for 11th standard with PCM subjects. After which you must clear the 12th standard with minimum of 40 percent marks.

After 12th you can appear for wide range of entrance exams for Engineering course. Some example are:

ISEET

UPSEE

BITSAT

Guj-CET

ISEET is the most popular exam that has recently be introduced in place of AIEEE and IIT-JEE. If you want admission in government colleges including IITs and NITs then it will be necessary to appear for ISEET. You should have 40 percent marks in 12th board to appear for ISEET.

Apart from ISEET, several states conduct their own exams. UPSEE is the entrance exam for UP Technical University while Guj-CET is for Gujarat. The duration of B.Tech after 12th standard will be 4 years.
10th May 2013, 07:56 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Right now, you are just in class 10th, and you can do civil engineering only after class 12th.

So, your academic progression to become a civil engineer, should be -

12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths with 60% marks

B.Tech / B.E. Civil.

After class 12th , you will have to give entrance exam for admission in any civil engineering college.

Some of these exams are -

IITJEE'

AIEEE

Eligibility for engineering entrance exams -

You should be intermediate with first class, with subjects like Phsyics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Then you can take admission in an engineering college, as per your rank in entrance exam.

List of top civil engineering colleges in India-

IIT Kharagpur
IIT Delhi
IIT Kanpur
IIT Madras
IIT Bombay
IIT Roorkee
BITS Pilani
NIT Tiruchirappalli
Delhi Technological University
IIT Guwahati
NIT Warangal
Punjab Engineering College
IIT Bhubaneshwar
IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Ropar
IIT Rajasthan
IIT Patna
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
IIT Hyderabad
IIT Indore

So, now complete intermediate with PCM and get good marks.
10th May 2013, 08:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths for Civil Engineering course.

If you have passed 10+2 with above subjects then you can apply for entrance examination and get a decent rank in it. The rank will decide which college you will get after counselling. So try to get top rank so that you get a top college.

The entrance will have question related to Physics, Chemistry and Maths. The paper will be objective type and there will be negative marking for wrong answers. So you have to be careful while attempting questions.

From this year onwards there is single Engineering Entrance exam known as JEE Main and Advanced for admission into IITs, NITs and all the Government Engineering colleges.

So you have to apply for JEE to get admission into Civil Engineering course. The 12th marks will also carry weightage from this year in admission.

Some of the top Civil Engineering colleges in India are listed below:

-IIT Kharagpur

-IIT Delhi

-IIT Kanpur

-IIT Guwahati

-IIT Chennai

-IIT Mumbai

-IIT Roorkee

-Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jadavpur University, Jadavpur

-Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.
27th December 2013, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

After 10th you have to take science stream. . . . .and attain good marks in JEE(entrance exam)
but work hard. . . Study well. . . Focus. . .
Ol d best
10th April 2014, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

I want to go abroad after 2 and want to do civil engineering there then i want to give the test for becoming ias officer
13th April 2014, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

I want to take professional courses after my class10 rather than taking science stream at class11&12.
24th April 2014, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Are these papers like IITJEE and AIEEE easy aur kitny percent marks hone chahiye is mai
18th June 2015, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a single person to be an architect after being civil engineer????
18th June 2015, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Is that possible for a single person to be an architect after being civil engineer
29th January 2016, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th exams in PCM .I want to join diploma in civil engineering from KGP .is it better for me.
27th May 2016, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

what Should i do to become a civil engineer after completion of 10 th satandard? if i join in diploma how many percentage require for degree in civil? or
if i join 12th standard how many percentage require for degree in civil?
27th December 2016, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Many people had said me that I play football very well like C. Ronaldo
How can I become famous like him...
And ya I don't go to football club
I live in Nagpur Maharashtra India
29th December 2016, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

How many percentage required in 10th and 12th for civil engineering.
4th April 2019, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

What I have to do to become a civil engineer after completion of the 10th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?