13th September 2011, 02:22 PM
chetana h

What should I do to do IAS after the completion of 12th with Science?

I m studying in 12th science. I want to do I.A.S. So what should I do after the completion of my 12th class?

13th September 2011, 03:52 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to do IAS after the completion of 12th with Science?

After your +2 you should concentrate on your higher study graduation level.
there are some criteria for this exam.
*The candidates should be a graduate, from any discipline.
*The age limit is 22 - 30 yrs ,
There is a relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates.
* the limitation for sc / st , obc & general candidates are.
general - 4 time
sc / st - unlimited
obc - 7 times

for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc .gov.in

good luck.

13th September 2011, 04:01 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to do IAS after the completion of 12th with Science?

For IAS, one has to go through a civl services examination conducted by UPSC(Unin Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure for IAS is as follows
-CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

In order to be eligible for IAS Exam, one should have completed Graduation from a recognized university. Even the final year candidates who are going to appear for final year exams of qualififying exam or graduation are also eligible for the exam.

So, I suggest you to complete your graduation first with good percentage of marks so that you will be eligible for CSAT Exam.

Have enough coaching for CSAT Exam in your graduation itself and appear for IAS Exam in the final year of your graduation. Be strong enough in aptitude, general awareness and general engligh by the time you appear for CSAT Exam which will help you to crack CSAT Exam.

In order to be eligible for IAS Exam, you should be in th age group of 21-30 years. Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC and upto 5 yeras for the candidates of SC/ST.

13th September 2011, 04:07 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

To be eligible for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) examination, the candidate must have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised university of India or any other university accredited by Indian Government. Final year/semester appearing students students can also apply provisionally, provided they should be able to submit original certificates/marksheet at the time of personal interview.

Therefor as per eligibility criteria, you need to complete your graduation to be eligible for the examination.

13th September 2011, 04:21 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: What should I do to do IAS after the completion of 12th with Science?

To be eligible for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) examination, the candidate must have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised university of India or any other university accredited by Indian Government. Final year/semester appearing students students can also apply provisionally, provided they should be able to submit original certificates/marksheet at the time of personal interview.

Therefor as per eligibility criteria, you need to complete your graduation to be eligible for the examination.

13th September 2011, 05:05 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam
1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam
you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the
time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in

13th September 2011, 05:22 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
First of all you have to go through the Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.
The exam is held in three stages:
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview
Eligibility Criteria:
1. You should have completed Graduation from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
2. Your age must be within 21-30 years.
There are some relaxation in upper age limit up to 3 years for the candidates of OBC and 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST.
----Therefore first complete your 12th with a good percentage then after completion of your Graduation to appear in the exam.
All the best.

13th September 2011, 08:25 PM
vijendradutt

No,you cant do IAS after your12th.

To be eligible for IAS you must be a graduate with an age group of 21-30 yrs.

So,you have to complete your graduation in any stream to be succesfull eligible for IAS.

Log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in for more details.

30th October 2011, 05:53 PM
anju anju

the minimum qualification for IAS course is graduation, so after 12th you can not apply fot IAS exam, the very first thing you have to do is complete your graduation and then choose the most famouse institute of IAS training ( which prepares you for priliminary and mains exam).

give not only cent % but yes 200% to IAS studies, if your hard work will be more enough then you pass out IAS withing 2 attemps,,,,

i said 2 attempt becouse in the very first attempt you will be able to understand the field and will seek for others hepl but in the second attempt you will be able to help yourself and can guide other inpirants too.

30th October 2011, 10:03 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
UPSC conducts the entrance exam for admitting aspirants to IAS . The aspirant should have completed the following requirement for appearing in the exam
1. Bachelor degree in any field of interest
2. Final year graduate are also eligible
3.The lower limit for appearing in the exam is 21
4. The aspirant will be prevented from appearing in the exam if the general candidate has completed 30 years of age
5. For the obc category the upper limit is 33. For sc and st aspirant it is 35.
As you have completed your +2 with science you need to do graduation before applying for exam . As you are a science student you can choose medicine if you are biology student as well as engineering . You can also apply in your final year too. Study your degree well as you can appear for the the main exam in your degree subjects

12th February 2012, 02:56 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

complete your graduation first with good percentage of marks so that you will be eligible for CSAT Exam.Have enough coaching for CSAT Exam in your graduation itself and appear for IAS Exam in the final year of your graduation. Be strong enough in aptitude, general awareness and general engligh by the time you appear for CSAT ExamThe exam is held in three stages:
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview
You should have completed Graduation from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam. Your age must be within 21-30 years.

1st April 2012, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

hey i am in 2 and i want to be a join (ias) or civil services . so i want to to graduate in any stream like (b.s.c) or (b.c.a).

9th April 2012, 08:18 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
It's a good decision for you, but for this you need to fulfill you higher studies i.e Graduation.
IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC once in every year.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should complete graduation from any recognised university.

Age limit is 21 years to 30years.

Final year candidates are also eligible.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.

12th April 2012, 02:22 AM
Eshwarvenkatesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetana h View Post
I m studying in 12th science. I want to do I.A.S. So what should I do after the completion of my 12th class?
hello,
The minimum qualification for I.A.S. is degree. After 12th standard to get a degree certificate there are 2 ways. One is doing engineering course which consists of 4 years duration. The other is doing degree course like B.Sc.,M.P.C.S.,etc., which consists of 3 years.

14th April 2012, 06:42 PM
monisha_sarabhai

You can start preparing for the IAS exam from 12th onwards also but the exam you can appear after graduation only ,because the minimum qualification for the exam is graduation.You should be minimum graduate in any discipline to sit for this exam,with minimum of 21 tears to 30 years of age.For pre exam 2 papers are there General studies and One optional subject like Indian History,Management,Physics,Chemistry,Botany,Zoolog y,Mathamatics,Phisioloy.sociology etc..In main paper one will be a language and next will be the subject of your choice .Final is personal Interview,that will be taken by Board members

14th April 2012, 06:50 PM
monisha_sarabhai

dear friend it is the correcet time for start preparing for the civil service examinations.first of all you have to complete your graduation in any stream,and till you attain the age of 21,you will be then eligible to give the ias entrance exams i.e.prelims
now the highly deemed ias exam is taken in a new pattern known as CSAT i.e civil service aptitude test;that consists of 2 compulsory papers
1.general studies and awareness
2.csat i.e.aptitude test which comprises of reasoning,decision making,comprehension etc.
after cracking the prelims only;you will be eligible to give the main examinations and thereafter interview.
tips for preparing are simple ;but to follow them is somewhat difficult and need dedication ,hard work and confidence
read a good newspaper like "the hindu"to enhance your general awareness
study thoroughly NCERT pattern books of 11 and 12 th std.for economics,geography,history,psychology etc.
remain updated always with international affairs and world issues
see,it is the perfect tyime where you can start and at the time you attain the 21 yeras of age you will be then all set for the competition!!!!!!

16th May 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to do IAS after the completion of 12th with science?

16th May 2012, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

I want to do hons in maths in graduation n then want to do IAS.

17th May 2012, 10:11 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th you should first complete your Graduation Degree and also start preparation for IAS along with your regular under Graduate studies.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one should appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is of three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary exam comprises of all objective type questions.

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type question from the prescribed syllabus.

Personal Interview.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

17th May 2012, 11:47 AM
jagjeet kamboj

Talking how to opt for corrupt ias officers

jagjeet kamboj 1438]Hai,
dear friends

first of all you need to go through the book published by dr. RS AGGARWAL (verbal and non verbal reasoning ) and then go for the higher academy test to judge your mental ability. at last for more details contact (7837687126)

THANK YOU

BEST OF LUCK

20th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

I passed 2 in art economics can i become i.a.s and what should i do for become i.a.s

9th October 2012, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

what sort of hard work and aptitude is required to crack the csat exam?from when should a person start preparing for it?

15th March 2013, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

can i do IAS after the completion of 12th science and B.TECH graduation?

22nd March 2013, 12:28 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
To appear in the IAS entrance examination you need graduation degree in any stream. So, first complete the graduation degree and then apply for IAS examination.

Nice to see your interest in the civil service examination. IAS is stand for Indian Administrative Service and it come under civil services examination. The civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year. If you are interested in the IAS field then to appear in the IAS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination. :
--> Pass graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the IAS entrance examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. As per your above mention qualification you are not eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

For details and complete information regarding the IAS entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

23rd March 2013, 12:02 AM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
After completion of 12th you need to choose any stream and get the graduation degree in it from recognized university and the age limit for the exam is 21-30 yrs..

Then you can apply for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in and for more details visit www.upsc.gov.in

5th April 2013, 03:42 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Indian Administrative Service or IAS is a civil service examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. For this exam only graduates can apply. So my advice to you would be to complete your graduation first and then sit for this exam in the final year or after that. Below i have written about the exam a bit more explicitly. Hope that will clear all your doubts.

Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to be a citizen of India.
  • You need to have a bachelor degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.
  • f you have already appeared for your final year qualifying exam but waiting for the results to come out then also you can sit for this exam. But before the main examination you need to show proof that you have passed in the final exam.
  • Your age should not be less than 21 years when applying for this exam. The upper age limit is 30 years for general category candidates.
  • For SC/ST candidates the upper age limit is relaxed upto 5 years, for OBC candidates upto 3 years and for PWD candidates upto 10 years.
  • The number of attempts are limited as well. General category can give the exam for four times, OBC candidates can give the exam for seven times and SC/ST candidates can give this exam for as many times as they want to.

Selection Procedure and Examination Pattern:-

Following are the some of the stages you have to cross to become an IAS Officer:-

Stage 1: Preliminary Examination
Stage 2: Main Examination
Stage 3: Interview Session

The pattern of exam has slightly changed after 2011. The preliminary exam is an objective type exam and is also known as CSAT. For CSAT expect questions from the following subjects:-

-Current Affairs from National and International Events,
-Logical Reasoning and Decision Making,
-Elementary Mathematics,
-Quantitative Ability,
-Data Interpretation from Graphic and Chart

Hope this helps :-> :->

5th April 2013, 08:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

After you have completed the 12th standard, take admission for any graduation course. Being Science student you can choose Bachelor of Science course. However there are other options as well like Bachelor of Computer Applications or Bachelor of Business Administration.

Once you have completed the graduation you will be eligible for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS). You can register for the entrance exam known as the Civil Service Examination.

The forms are released in the around February/March and after which the candidate is called for the Preliminary Exam in May followed by the Main Examination in August. The candidate is only called for the Main exam if cleared the Preliminary exam.

The preliminary exam has 2 written tests. It is only a qualifying exam to appear for the Main examination. The score of this exam will not be included in the final tally. The final tally will include the marks of the Main examination.

Eligibility

1. Your nationality should be Indian to apply.

2. Before applying you should complete graduation.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 on lower side while 30 is upper age limit.

5. You can get 3 years relaxation in upper age limit if belongs to OBC.

6. SC and ST candidate can get 5 years relaxation.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

6th April 2013, 12:57 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hai fiends…… ..

First you can choose any degree and complete that degree with good percentage. And it is good to choose courses which are related to the IPS subjects. And you should to know the details of IPS course also , and you can set proper planing for that.

After the graduation yo can apply for IPS exam, It is conducted by UPSC, normally this notificatioon released in the beginning of the year.But at the time ot applying the exam your age must be in between 18-28 yrs.

And choose good institute for IPS coaching and prepair well for that. And crack the exam...

Selection process ;.
Preliminary exam
Civil Service Main Exam.
Personal Interview.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

6th April 2013, 05:24 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Chetana,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

First of all, after ending of your 12th standard, you complete your graduation, then you can apply for IAS examination.

IAS examination is also called as civil services examination, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure for IAS examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

The eligibility criteria required for IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any accredited college or university.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

6th April 2013, 07:57 PM
vetrikarthik

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to do IAS after the completion of 12th with Science?

hai friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative services
Eligibility to become an IAS:

He/She shoud be a citizen of India.
The candidate should complete degree of any stream from recognised University.
Age- 21 to 30 years
No. of permissible attempts : 4 for general category
7 for OBC's
No limit for SC/ST.
So first complete your degree and choose the optional subjects in civil service exams based on your graduation subjects.

All the best.

6th April 2013, 11:45 PM
22virdi
Junior Member+

dear friend please use as the following to solve the problem....

aftre the your
+2 complete the any graduation degree after degree you apply the IAS examination .

IAS examination is also called the as civel services examination......

the selection procedure for IAS examination is as follow .....

preliminary exam

mains exam .....

personal interview ...

complete the criteria for IAS examination as following...

complete degree in any stream from any university...

age is 21 to 30 year.....

age relaxation 3 year for obc candidates 5 year of SC/St .

nationality belong to india....

thanks hope this info is use ful for you....

7th April 2013, 02:08 AM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Exclamation Re: What should I do to do IAS after the completion of 12th with Science?

Dear friend,
IAS is one of the most prestigious service in India. Every student wanted to be an IAS Officer. IAS exam is conducted by union public service commission ones in every year.
To qualify the entrance exam is very difficult but not impossible. IF a candidate prepare the exam with honesty He/She qualify the exam.

Eligibility criteria for IAs Exam is mentioned below:

>>Candidates who are passed their graduation or any equivalent degree from any recognized university/institutions with 60% marks can apply for the exam. Candidates who are in final year can also apply.

Age-Limit & No of attempts: : A candidate must be the 21 years of his/her age when he/she apply the exam.
>>General category students can apply up-to 30 years of his/her age.
>>OBC category students can apply up-to 33 years of his/her age.
>>SC/ST category students can apply up-to 35 years of his/her age.

General category students can apply the exam four times.
>>OBC category students can apply the exam seven times
>>There is no limits for SC/ST category students to apply the exam.

Exam Pattern: There are three stages in the exam
1)Preliminary Exam
2)Main Exam
3)Personal Interview.

Note: TO be an IAS officer first you have completed your education up-to graduation level.

Good Luck
Thanks

7th April 2013, 04:46 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

For applying IAS exam, firstly, you will have to finish your bachelor degree; then you can be preferable for IAS exam.

To join IAS exam, opponents will have to appear for civil services exam.

Union Public Service Commission conducts civil services exam every year.

The educational qualifications regarding with civil services exam are below mentioned:-

* Opponents must have finished bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

* Opponents of final year of graduation are also preferable for this exam.

* There is no percentage criteria for this exam.

The age criteria and relaxation regarding with civil services examination are below mentioned:-

* 21-30 years for Open opponents.

* Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years for OBC, SC/ST and PH opponents.

* Citizenship:- Opponents must have an Indian citizenship.

The scheme of selection of civil services exam is below mentioned:-

* Preliminary exam.

* MAINS exam.

* Interview process.

The syllabus of civil services exam is below mentioned:-

The paragon of civil services exam is mentioned as below:-

Thanks.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?