29th October 2015, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Is diploma in computer science equal to completion of 12th standard?

Is diploma in computer science equal to completion of 12th standard? Can you please let me know the information on the same? What should be done to ensure that I am in the same 12th standard level. It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this.

Thanks!

29th October 2015, 08:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma in computer science equal to completion of 12th standard?

Yes, Diploma in Computer Science course is equivalent to 12th standard. Both Diploma course and Higher Secondary courses are pursued after completion of 10th standard. The duration of Diploma course is 3 years and the duration of Higher Secondary is 2 years. The Diploma course has more value when compared to Higher Secondary. So, we can say that Diploma course is equivalent and greater than completion of 12th standard.
30th October 2015, 12:15 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma in computer science equal to completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is diploma in computer science equal to completion of 12th standard? Can you please let me know the information on the same? What should be done to ensure that I am in the same 12th standard level. It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this.

Thanks!
Yeah Diploma in Computer science is quite equal to +2 as because you hold the same value as that of +2. The candidates who prefer to do Diploma are either by choice or the one who did not get the group which they wished for with the marks they attained in 10th.

So, they do a course which gives them a value and knowledge and by the way have the same weight as candidates who complete +2. The other thing is that you can do a direct 2nd year entry to B.E/B.Tech by writing the LEET exam whereas candidates who have completed +2 cannot do that.

So, Diploma has the same value as that of +2.
30th October 2015, 09:51 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
Yes, Diploma in Computer Science is equivalent to the 12th standard. Those candidates who have completed their Diploma course are eligible to apply for B.Tech/B.E course through lateral entry.
25th May 2017, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

I have done 3 year diploma on it. Can i take admission in journalism degree course from national school of national journalism
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?