31st October 2015, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after completion of 12th if I have taken bio-maths subject?

I am 18 years old but i am studying in 11th because of some probleem and i have bio-maths what courses i should after 12th for graduation and how to complete IAS courses fastly? Can someone please provide me the information on this soon?

Thank you!

31st October 2015, 09:23 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of 12th if I have taken bio-maths subject?

To become IAS officer you need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria for IAS. Coming to eligibility you must have completed graduation from the recognized university.

The course after graduation should be taken very careful by any candidate to get IAS. Since any candidate who is interested to built a career in the filed of service they should be very careful in terms of selection.

Offered courses after completion of 12th :

>> B.A

>> B.COM

>> B.SC

>> B.TECH /B.E etc.,
31st October 2015, 10:56 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of 12th if I have taken bio-maths subject?

As you have knowledge of both biology and the Mathematics. So you are eligible to go in both medical and engineering sector.

My suggestion to you is that you should pursue your graduation in your interested field.

After completing your your graduation you can apply for the IAS exam.

My suggestion to you is that you should keep yourself up to date with all current affairs to get ease in clearing IAS exam.
31st October 2015, 10:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 18 years old but i am studying in 11th because of some probleem and i have bio-maths what courses i should after 12th for graduation and how to complete IAS courses fastly? Can someone please provide me the information on this soon?

Thank you!
If you have pursued your 10+2 career through Biology and Mathematics, then the best career you can choose for your graduation is Bio-technology.

You can easily get admission to B.Tech in Biotechnology in any reputed University.

After pursuing and completing that course, you can apply for IAS Exam (Civil Services Exam).

It has three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview

In Mains Exam, you need to choose Optional Subject.

So, you can choose either Zoology, Botany or Medical Science whichever suits you better.
31st October 2015, 11:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thank you!
You can do graduation degree in Botany after completion of 12th standard to become a IAS officer.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
31st October 2015, 11:21 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

You have various option's available in front of you :-
B.Sc
B.Tech
B.A
BCA
MBBS
B.Ed.

As if you want to became an IAS then i suggest you to choose any 3 year course because the minimum qualification required for IAS exam is graduation.
31st October 2015, 11:31 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

After completion of (10+2) with Maths & Biology subject , You can choose either Engineering Courses/Medical Courses /B.Sc/B.Pharm.

Engineering Courses
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engimeering
- EC Engineering
- IT Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering

Medical Courses
- BHMS
- BAMS
- BDS
- MBBS
31st October 2015, 11:38 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Thank you!
Well here are the list of courses that you can do for your further study that is your Graduation level of study. You can pursue any one of the following course from the following list :

- B.SC course (Bachelor of Science)

- B.Tech in Bio Technology

- B.E in Environmental Engineering

- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Science)

- B.Pharm

- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) etc.

Coming to your next question how to complete IAS course ? so the answer to this question lie to the institution where you will prepare for this exam. As per my knowledge the duration for preparing IAS exam mostly institute takes maximum 8 months. So, if you are really interested to crack this exam I would advice you to join the coaching institute in the 2nd semester of Bachelor degree.
1st November 2015, 12:17 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

As you have both the subjects i.e. maths and biology so it totally depends on you to choose one of the stream.if you are good in mathematics then go for jee mains and advance and if you are good at biology then go for aipmt and also it depends on your interest that which subject you want to choose on your future studies.
1st November 2015, 12:48 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IAS is the Indian Administrative Services. It has nothing to do with the stream of 10+2 or bachelor's degree, you can apply for the Civil Services examination from any bachelor's degree in graduation.

So, you can take any stream in bachelor's degree for the Civil Services exam. As you have taken biology and mathematics in 10+2, either you can go for engineering courses or medical courses or general bachelor's degree in science course as per your interest.
1st November 2015, 04:39 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian administrative services and only a graduate candidate can apply for this exam. Every year the exam of IAS is conducted by union public service commission of India.

>> As you are in 11th with subjects bio and mathematics so I would like to suggest you that either you have to go for the bachelor of Science in biology or can also go for the bachelor of arts and that will be much better for you because in that stream you will find many guides for such preparations for you but in b.sc in science stream you will find very few people for your help as a guide.

>> In the graduation in bachelor of art you can make a subject combination with any of these - Geography, Sociology, political science, History and Hindi and English are always compulsory subjects.

>> With this combination of your subjects you will find that most of the preparation will be from the graduation syllabus and for the better you could work under a guide or can go for the coaching of the IAS.

Chanakya Institute in chandigarh and ALS Institute in New Delhi are best for IAS coaching.
1st November 2015, 10:17 AM
skhawking

Hello dear,
Don't worry that much about the future always be positive.
By the way,if you are pursuing your 12th with bio-maths then it's great.I mean you have lot options in your hand.you can make your career in biology if you're interested in biology .I.e. You can become a doctor, biologist, pharmacist, etc.
On the other hand,you can go on with maths that leads to careers like Engineering, architecting,NDA,Mathematical research, etc.

In one line,I can say that you have almost all the opportunities to get that a youth want to get. So just think about these options and please decide a career goal as soon as possible because you haven't soich time to make these aspirations into reality.

Now coming on the UPSC Preparation;
Actually UPSC stands for Union Public service commission through which administrative officers such as IAS,IFS,IPS....are selected after some level of testing.
first of all you will have to complete your graduation for taking the UPSC examination.
So,Best of luck for you future plannings and preparations.
1st November 2015, 02:34 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Career option after 10+2 in PCM stream are:

* B.E. or B. Tech
* Bachelor in Architecture
* Bachelor in Computer Application
* Bachelor in Commerce
* Bachelor in Science

# Career options after 10+2 in PCB stream are:

* MBBS
* BDS
* BAMS
* BHMS
* BUMS
* Veterinary Science (B.VSc. AH)
* Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science (BNYS)
* Bachelor of Physiotherapy
* B.Sc. Nursing
* B.Sc. Dairy Technology
* B.Sc. Home Science
* Bachelor of Pharmacy
* Biotechnology
* Bachelor in Medical Lab Technology
* Paramedical Courses
* Bachelor in Science
* Bachelor in Law (LLB)
* Environmental Science

# Career option after 10+2 in any stream are:

* Bachelor in Arts (B.A.)
* Fashion Technology
* Hotel Management
* Travel & Tourism Courses
* Interior Designing Courses
* Mass Communication and Journalism
* CA Programme
* CS Programme
* ICWA Programme

# Names of few diploma courses after 10+2 in any stream are:

* Computer Hardware
* Web Designing
* Graphic Designing
* Diploma in Beauty Culture & Hair Dressing
* Cutting and Tailoring
* Information Technology
* Textile Designing
* Hospital and Health Care Management
* Fashion Designing
* Drawing and Painting
* Film Arts & A/V Editing
* Animation and Multimedia
* Mass Communication
* Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
* Air Hostess
* Mass Media and Creative Writing
* Foreign Language Courses
* Print Media Journalism & Communications
1st November 2015, 04:02 PM
sourabh katoch
Junior Member+

There are a lots of career opportunities after doing 12th in math's as well as in bio. You can do engineering courses in any branch you would like (but to get a good college you must qualify JEE or other equivalent exam). You can also do your graduation by doing MBBS or Bsc. But you should choose the right college wisely. And to qualify IAS or IPS courses you need a lot of concentration and fresh mind. For this I would suggest you to do any engineering course which requires a good mind practice rather than MBBS which requires mostly cramming thing. But I think you should do whatever you like. Good luck 😊
1st November 2015, 04:37 PM
H Rimmy

There are some courses after 12th in Bio-Maths.

B Pharmacy
B.Sc (Bachelor in science)
B.Tech
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery)
BDS (Bachelor of dental Science)

Procedure to apply for IAS exam-

You must have graduate with minimum 50% marks from any recognized university.

Age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
For OBC candidates 3 years relaxation is applicable.
For SC candidates 5 years relaxation is applicable.

Exam Procedure- Preliminary exam
Mains Exam
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of June/Dec.
1st November 2015, 05:14 PM
Mohit.Bansal

According to me after 12th you should go for B.Sc in Mathematics. B.Sc Maths have good scope for carrer.
Coming back to preparation of IAS. IAS is Indian Administration Service. It is one of the top posts. For IAS you have to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam. The exam is conducted every year.

For Preparation you have to make proper schedule and go according to the schedule. You can study 6th to 10th NCERT books. Also read news papers and magazines daily for current affairs. You can also solve previous year papers.

Eligibility Criteria-
1. Candidates are required graduation in any stream.
2. Candidates age must be within 21 years to 32 years.

Official website- http://upsc.gov.in/
4th July 2020, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I am a bio maths student my aim is to become an IAS officer i have confusion to choose which course after 12th bsc or ba but the os helpful for ias
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?