1st November 2015, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to ensure that I join the Indian navy after completion of 10th standard?

Hi...

I am girish I learn in 10th standard I want to join Indian navy . I have interest in navy .... so, what I do? can I join it? Can you please guide me with the complete information for the same? Let me know the information which are required to pursue my goal.

Thank you!

2nd November 2015, 08:13 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to ensure that I join the Indian navy after completion of 10th standard?

Yes, you can join the Indian Navy but for this you have to qualify the 12th class with science stream with subject combination of (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and after the 12th you can apply for the Defense service exam N.D.A.(National Defense Academy) that is conducted every year and the exam is conducted every year two times in a year.

eligibility for the N.D.A. entrance are-

>>Candidate should passed 12th in any stream.

>> Candidate should be Indian and also a subject of Nepal or Bhutan can also apply.

>> Tibetan refugee comes in India before January 1962 can also apply

>> Only unmarried male candidates can apply.

>> For Army any candidate passed 12th in any stream can apply

>> Candidate should be physical fit and having eye side 6/6.

>> For Air Force and Naval force only the candidate passed in 12th with Math and physics can apply.

>> Candidate should not be physical handicap and fall in age group of 16-19 years.
2nd November 2015, 10:31 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to ensure that I join the Indian navy after completion of 10th standard?

No you can't join Indian Navy after completion of 10th.Your qualification has not sufficient to join Indian navy.

You have to need to passed 12th in Physics,chemistry & maths.After passing 12th you can apply for N.D.A exam.N.D.A stands for National Defense Academy.This exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

Age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Final Selection:-Written Exam
Interview
Medical Test

Important Note:-Only Unmarried Male candidates can apply for this exam.
2nd November 2015, 12:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi...

I am girish I learn in 10th standard I want to join Indian navy . I have interest in navy .... so, what I do? can I join it? Can you please guide me with the complete information for the same? Let me know the information which are required to pursue my goal.

Thank you!
After completion of 10th standard, you can join Indian Navy but you first complete 12th standard with PCM so you can apply in NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
2nd November 2015, 02:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you re not eligible to join the Indian Navy after the 10th qualification. To join the navy the candidates have to qualify in the NDA examination conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy and the eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates age must be between the 16.5-19.5 years.
* Candidates must have the PCM as main paper for the Navy.

So you need to pursue the 10+2 with the science stream to appear for the examination. The application form for the examination is available in the month of January and July.

To get the more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd November 2015, 05:36 PM
skhawking

Hello Girish,
It's nice to hear from you about your aspirations to join Navy.
Girish,Actually you have two options right now either you can apply for Indian navy entrance exam matric level or you can apply for NDA examination next year.
I will suggest you to prepare for the NDA exam rather than direct entrance exam for Navy because If you crack NDA exams and once completed the training you will be recruited directs as as Naval officer which is never possible through direct entrance requirements for Indian Navy.
So,Best of luck for NDA preparation.
3rd November 2015, 08:21 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes there is a option available for get into Indian Navy right after completion of 10th. In India, there is National Level Exam called " NDA ( National Defense Academy ) " . It is conducted by UPSC Examination twice in every year.

Eligibility for NDA Examination :

<> You should complete minimum 10+2 with 70% of marks from the recognized university.

<> Age should be in between these limits.

-- Minimum Age : 16 1/2 years

-- Maximum Age : 19 years.

<> Final year candidates of 10+2 can also eligible to apply for NDA.
15th November 2015, 04:23 PM
shivani sawarn
Member+

Yes, you can join the Indian Navy however for this you need to qualify the twelfth class with science stream with subject mix of (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and after the twelfth you can apply for the Defense administration exam N.D.A.(National Defense Academy) that is directed each year and the exam is led each year two times in a year.

qualification for the N.D.A. passageway are-

>>Candidate ought to passed twelfth in any stream.

>> Candidate ought to be Indian furthermore a subject of Nepal or Bhutan can likewise apply.

>> Tibetan evacuee comes in India before January 1962 can likewise apply

>> Only unmarried male applicants can apply.

>> For Army any applicant passed twelfth in any stream can apply

>> Candidate ought to be physical fit and having eye side 6/6.

>> For Air Force and Naval constrain just the competitor went in twelfth with Math and material science can apply.

>> Candidate ought not be physical disable and fall in age gathering of 16-19 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?