18th August 2018, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

What should I do if Bank is not disbursing Loan amount because of 6 backlogs in BE course?

Hello everyone, I am studying BE with Mechanical Engineering. I am doing BE by taking an Education Loan by Canara Bank. I have overall 6 backlogs in my BE course. So, the Bank is not disbursing Loan amount now. What to do in this case?

15th September 2018, 03:03 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do if Bank is not disbursing Loan amount because of 6 backlogs in BE course?

Generally bank asks for academic marksheet of previous semesters for sanction of next installment of education loan. If a candidate has one or two backlog in bachelor's degree then banks ignore it.

But you have six backlogs which means you are clearing not having focus on studies. You can talk to Bank Manager and give an undertaking to improve more, they may consider your request.
15th September 2018, 04:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if Bank is not disbursing Loan amount because of 6 backlogs in BE course?

The sanction of installment of education loan totally depends upon discretion of bank. While applying for education loan, you and your parents sign to terms and conditions of bank for education loan.

It is clearly mentioned that in case of poor academic performance during bachelor's degree, loan amount can be withheld.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?