23rd January 2017, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

What should I do MA or M.Phil after BA in order to do PhD?

After BA, I am looking to pursue a PhD degree, should I have to study MA or M.Phil or both? What do you suggest me in this context?

23rd January 2017, 09:01 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do MA or M.Phil after BA in order to do PhD?

I will recommend you to do MA which is a master degree after graduation to become eligible for PhD
>> If you want to do PhD in particular stream like sociology, Psychology, English ,etc make sure that you must opt that subject as a main in M.A
>> M.Phil is also a research degree but not equivalent to PhD as it can be obtained from various routes.
>> If you want to become a lecturer than you can pursue M.Phil which is most suitable for this post.
>> I will recommend you to complete your master degree from state recognized university and obtain at least 65% for easy admission in PhD course.
23rd January 2017, 09:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to pursue PHD:

To pursue PhD Masters course is necessary from a recognised University.

Minimum 50% mark is required in the above mentioned course to be considered eligible to pursue this PhD course and relaxation in minimum marks are provided to SC/ST and OBC category students.

You must have Indian citizenship and a valid net scorecard.
24th January 2017, 10:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After BA, I am looking to pursue a PhD degree, should I have to study MA or M.Phil or both? What do you suggest me in this context?
After B.A course, you are not eligible for M.Phil or Ph.D course. So you can do masters course. After completion of masters course, you can apply for M.Phil or Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D/ M.Phil entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.
27th October 2020, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

After b.sc. nursing course candidate are eligible for m.phil nursing?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?