11th October 2014, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to clear NET Exam for doing PhD in India? NET exam can be skipped by pursuing M.Phil?

Respected members ,

Currently I have a Master of Computer Science degree in hand and want to pursue a PhD degree form any private/government college . I want to work in Dubai after completing my degree from here therefore a reputed college is not my concern .

1. I have heard that in order to skip NET exam I had to first complete Mphil in order to directly apply for Phd in college . Is it true ?

13th October 2014, 11:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to clear NET Exam for doing PhD in India? NET exam can be skipped by pursuing M.Phil?

It is not essential to qualify NET for Ph.D admission, but if you want to get admission in top government universities, then it is very important. The number of Ph.D intakes in government colleges is very less and CSIR NET qualified candidates are preferred.

The minimum qualification required for Ph.D is Master's degree with 55% marks from a recognized university. CSIR NET serves as an merit for giving admission into Ph.D program.

If Ph.D intakes are still vacant, then students who don't have CSIR NET score will be given admission on the basis of a entrance examination conducted by the University. Therefore, if you have Master's Degree with above percentage, then apply for admission into Ph.D of your discipline.

20th July 2015, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it necessary to clear NET Exam for doing PhD in India? NET exam can be skipped by pursuing M.Phil?

According to new rules is it necesarry to clear net exam for PhD ?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?