11th November 2017, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

What should I do next after intermediate to become a dentist in future?

What should I do next after intermediate to become a dentist in future? Can you please guide me through the steps which I need to follow? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back on this as soon as possible. Awaiting to get the quick response. Thanks!

13th November 2017, 09:32 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do next after intermediate to become a dentist in future?

Dentist is a Bachelor of Dental Surgery graduate.

After 10+2, you need to apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam.

Academic qualification for NEET: 10+2 with PCB subjects. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th.

You should have at least 50% marks in 10+2.

The minimum age required is 17 years.

The application form for NEET exam will come in December 2017 after that you can apply for exam at official website of NEET.
13th November 2017, 10:35 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do next after intermediate to become a dentist in future?

To become Dentist in your near future, you need to pursue BDS course.

BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery.

If you have completed your 10+2 from PCB stream, then you will have to apply for medical entrance exams like AFMC, AIIMS, NEET, etc.

After getting decent rank in these exams, you have to do counseling from their online portals.

Then after, you will be allotted medical college for BDS course depending on your rank and choice.
13th November 2017, 11:02 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 5 years. This is known as Dentistry course. The eligibility requirements and other details are given below.

The candidates who have completed their 10+2 in PCB related subjects with 50% fro. Any recognised board.

There are few entrance exams conducted by different states and universities. You need to attend and qualify in the exams. The exams named AIEEE, NEET, EAMCET and etc.,

You need to qualify in any one of the exam and attend for counseling. Based on your merit performance in the exam you’ll be given admission into different universities.

In general the application process for all the exam is same i.e., visit the official website and fill the application form, pay the fees and submit it and attend the exam and qualify the exam in merit.

NEET official website

AIEEE official website

AP EAMCET official website
14th November 2017, 08:30 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your Intermediate with Medical Science stream or with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board, you have to pursue Bachelor of Dental Science (BDS) course from a Government recognised university to become a Dentist in future. Admissions in BDS course are done through entrance examinations like NEET, AIIMS, etc.,. You need to appear and qualify the entrance examination and participate in the counselling process to get admission for pursuing BDS course.
14th November 2017, 07:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be a Dentist you need to pursue Bachelor degree course in surgery (BDS) after completion of your Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

After your Bachelor degree course in dentistry you will have to go through training course of dentistry and then will have to take license to become a professional dentist.

Also to get admission in BDS course in medical colleges you need to qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ). For details regarding same examination you can log on to its official website www.cbseneet.nic.in .
14th November 2017, 08:34 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The degree required to become Dentist is Bachelor of Dental Surgery.

The admission in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. The requirements for this exam is:

1. Students should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology from any recognized board. You should have minimum of 50% marks in 12th.

2. Student should have attained minimum age of 17 years on 31st December of year of exam.

The online application of NEET will begin from December, 2017. You should clear written exam of NEET to get admission in BDS government college.
14th November 2017, 09:06 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized university.
Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry English and Biology as compulsory subjects.
Candidate must have to score minimum of 50% marks and 40% in case of reserved category candidates.

To get admission Candidates have to go through entrance test. Students must have to pass NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) entrance examination.
After clearing entrance test you have to go through Counselling process which is organized by the respective authorities.
You will get seat on the basis of rank, choices of stream and available seats.

Some of the Dental colleges are as under:-
Dental College & Hospital, Aurangabad
Dental College & Hospital, Mumbai
Dental College, Gujarat
Government Dental College & Research Institute, Bengaluru
Amrita College of Dentistry, Kerala
Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
Faculty of Dental Science, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
Dental College, Thiruvananthapuram
Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Andhra Pradesh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?