17th August 2017, 01:27 PM
rahul_singh22

What should I do to overcome the distance education barrier in my career?

Hi Guys, I am Rahul, 26 years old. I have completed my BCA in 2011 and MCA in 2013 both through distance education. Due to some personal problems and financials issue, I picked up a job and worked as System Administrator from the year 2010 -2015. So once financial stability of the family was restored I started perusing my field of interest that is Information Security and in the year 2016 I did earn CEH, CHFI and have done Diploma in Cyber Law from ILI, New Delhi.

I have applied in 5-6 companies like Wipro, TCS and other from Naukri and other job portal and have faced cleared the technical rounds and I was quite appreciated for my skill and passion. But the problem I face at last is that Distance Education. Few companies said they only hire an employee who holds minimum 15 years of the regular degree. I have even tried to convince them but to no avail.

What hurts the most is that after clearing the technical round and hearing them appreciating you and only rejected due to the distance degree has really put me in a very depressing state. I only did it from the distance because it's legal and as per GOI and UGC these hold equal value.
But what I see here is yours opinion and advice about what I do in future so that I could get a good opportunity with the reputed organization or is it the end of my career.

Shall I do BCA or MCA through regular degree? Please give advice that I could help me to overcome the current situation. I appreciate you for your valuable time already.

Thanks & Regards
Rahul

25th August 2017, 10:53 PM
starberry

Default Re: What should I do to overcome the distance education barrier in my career?

Yes, many companies hire candidates that have regular degree. But you have 2 options-

First, you can get experience in small firms. Experience of few years can make way to bigger companies.

Second, if you have time and resources you can join degree college. Degree will ensure that you will get a good job directly into a bigger company like TCS, Wipro. As you have good knowledge of your technical field you must keep your grip on it. As it is the main key to get into a company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?