15th July 2011, 12:38 PM
deepaknisha

How to pursue M.Tech from IIT after B.Tech? What is the procedure?

sir, i am persuing btech from mmm gorakhpur affiliated from uptu from mechanical branch. my name is deepak saxena. iwant to persue mtech from iit.can i get admission.please tell me procedure.

1st August 2011, 07:20 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue M.Tech from IIT after B.Tech? What is the procedure?

Dear Friend

You can get admission in any IITs or NITs or IISc Banglore, through an exam known
as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE.

The score of this examination is valid in many other colleges too.

This examination is conducted once in a year and this is the only basis of admission
of M.Tech. in IITs.

Also a minimum of 65% or 7.0(on 10 scale) is a criteria to get admission in IITs apart
from qualifying GATE.

The application procedure for the exam should start in October or later.

The examination is conducted in February and result is published in March-April.

From May candidates can apply to institutions according to their GATE score.

One needs to apply separately for each institution where he/she is eligible.

Once your application is processed you will be called by the institution for Interview

and then the final selection will be declared.
1st August 2011, 07:51 AM
jyoti.sahoo

Dear friend,
there is a vast competition among the students now a days.
still you can get admission to the m tech at IIT only through an exam i.e. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE.
it is conducted in a National Basis and u can opt for that. it is conducted most probably i the month of april.
1st August 2011, 09:29 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to pursue M.Tech from IIT after B.Tech? What is the procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaknisha View Post
sir, i am persuing btech from mmm gorakhpur affiliated from uptu from mechanical branch. my name is deepak saxena. iwant to persue mtech from iit.can i get admission.please tell me procedure.

M.Tech is a field which is preferred by engineers .Since IIT is not a simple institute ,it doesn't take direct admission in M.Tech courses.The procedure are as follows:
  • IIT takes admission in M.Tech courses through Gate Exam
  • You will have to qualify GATE with good marks .
  • Apart from these ,you must have atleast CGPA/SGPA 7.0 or 65% in B.tech.

So There is no any age limit in gate and also there is no restriction of attempts so you can apply for it. The GATE exam is conducted every year so take part in it and perform better to get admission in M.Tech in IIT.

For more information - click here

With Regards
ravik1214
1st August 2011, 10:28 AM
venu.linesensorarray

Deepak,

As you have already read, GATE is the exam you have to give. Start preparing for it from 3rd year itself as it is a tough exam.

As for the procedure, based on your B.Tech GPA and GATE score, each IIT or NIT you apply to will call you for an interview (some dont have interviews). Then, there will be a counselling of sorts and you will get to finalize your choice of specialization.

Remember to brush up your subjects of 2nd and 3rd year properly, as they are important for GATE.

Cheers,
1st August 2011, 11:15 AM
ravi543213

My dear friend to get the admission in m.tech in IIT . You need to qualified the GATE exam. One think more that you can give the exam of GATE from B.Tech 3rd year.
Note: you need only 60% in intermediate to give GATE exam
1st August 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to do b.tech in textile after diploma in textile engineering
1st August 2011, 02:47 PM
liquid

you have to give exam of GATE,in that exam yoyr rank should be below 100.then only u can get chance
1st August 2011, 03:22 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

we can get admission in any IITs or NITs or IISc Banglore, through an exam known

This examination is conducted once in a year and this is the only basis of admission
of M.Tech. in IITs.

Also a minimum of 65% or 7.0(on 10 scale) is a criteria to get admission in IITs apart
from qualifying GATE.

The examination is conducted in February and result is published in March-April.

Once your application is processed you will be called by the institution for Interview

and then the final selection will be declared.
1st August 2011, 03:28 PM
gayatrikarnewar

Smile Re: How to pursue M.Tech from IIT after B.Tech? What is the procedure?

Quote:
Hi, you are doing B.Tech so the next and better step is the M.Tech. There are too many institutes offering M.Tech but as your need and comfort you can choose any one. I suggest IIT is best but not yet easy, you have to pass GATE exam with good marks.
For persuing M.Tech most institutes insists atleast 60% marks for graduation. There is no any age restrictions and you must be fluent in English
so best luck and prepare for M.Tech.
1st August 2011, 03:48 PM
amar.sneh

you can pursue M.tech from any engg college on the merit of your score in GATE exam which is conducted by the 7 IITs and IISc, bangalore. you can appear for GATE exam you have a bachelors degree.
for more details please visit-http://www.onestopgate.com/
1st August 2011, 05:19 PM
death18

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted to admission in M.Tech courses in all the IIT's

GATE is a mandatory qualification for admission in many post-graduate engineering colleges as well as institutions across the country. Its examination take place in February while forms should be available by October

apart from GATE score your CGPA should be above 7.0(on a scale of 10) to qualify for IIT's
1st August 2011, 05:38 PM
saurav9889

yes friend u can definately pursue ur m.tech from iit's but iit's have an exam called gate,(grad. aptitude test in engg.) that is conducted by 7 iit's and iisc each year in the month of feb,second sunday of the month to take students for pg courses in various iit's and iisc-bangalore. it is not very hard to clear gate but it is mostly an conceptual exam and require a minimum 1 yr for avg. student to study though it depends. for getting into iit though u have to have secure very good marks,45+ in gate exam.
1st August 2011, 06:06 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
good evening deepak

yes can get admission in IIT only when you crack the GATE examination with very good percentile.

Firstly you have to give an Entrance exam that is GATE like IIT/JEE for B.Tech.

If you get more than 94 percentile then you are able to get admission in IIT.

Also the last year students can apply for the GATE because its score is valid for 1 year,

SO BEST OF LUCK
1st August 2011, 07:25 PM

Dear Friend

You can get admission in any IITs or NITs or IISc Banglore, through an exam known

of M.Tech. in IITs.

from qualifying GATE.

and then the final selection
1st August 2011, 07:49 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

To get admission in good colleges like IIT's you have to take a GATE exam.It is conducted once a year and its score is valid for two years

ELIGIBILITY

You must have passed B. E. / B. Tech. degree in:
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Computer Engineering
Electronics Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Instrumentation & Control Engineering

From the recognized university .

You should have done MSC in computer science ,information technology and other courses.

MCA candidates are also eligible for some M.tech program

Prefinal year students are also eligible to take GATE EXAM.

There is no age limit and you can take the exam as many times as you want.
2nd August 2011, 01:02 AM
genius_911

For m.tech studies.., you need to qualify a national-level exam which is known as GATE.. i.e, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering... the forms will be available in the upcoming months of october.. the exam is comnducted in feb.. and the result is out in april.. you will be able to take college on the merit of your score-card.. its score-card is valid for 2 years.. and the no. of attempts is also unlimited.... If you wish for IIT then friend you need to do a lot of hardwork becase competitions have increased many folds now.. IIT is alloted in about 99.8% or above percentile...
all the best..
2nd August 2011, 10:47 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to pursue M.Tech from IIT after B.Tech? What is the procedure?

Quote:
for doing mtech from IIT you have to give the GATE exam and have to secured at least 90% of marks in gate to be qualified for the IIT if the marks are below you will get IIT you will get any other collage.....

so start your preparation from now onwards and be confident that you can qualify the exam.......

best of luck....
3rd August 2011, 02:52 AM
btcs11

to pursue M.Tech from IIT you must write GATE exam.
academic eligibility for GATE exam is:
bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent(4 year degree program after completion of 10th and 12th
master degree in any branch of science, maths, computers

so after completing your B.Tech or in your final year of B.Tech apply for GATE exam.
GATE exam will be conducted on february month's 2nd sunday.
application sale for the same will begin from october itself so apply for it and get good rank in GATE you get a seat in IIT

all the best
11th August 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Generally what is the minimum percentile required in GATE for pursuing m.tech in IIT's in instrumentation engineering?
27th December 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

sir, me sundari krishnan.... i want to pursue M.TECH in IIT... im pursuing 2nd yr B.TECH..... can i write the exam in during my 3rd year? In what area i hav to concentrate to get cleared in GATE exam?
30th December 2011, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, i am sarwar khan from hyderabad, persuing btech from jntu, it is last my year.can i get admission in iit college to do mtech course.reply me imtdly,it is urgent
31st December 2011, 11:25 AM
joblesswork

there is a vast competition among the students now a days.
still you can get admission to the m tech at IIT only through an exam i.e. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE.
it is conducted in a National Basis and u can opt for that. it is conducted most probably i the month of april.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?