6th February 2012, 04:23 PM
What is the procedure to pursue Ph.D in IIT Chennai and IISC Bangalore?
I would be completing my Mtech from dept of information technology in april 2012.I would like to know what is the procedure to pursue PhD in IIT CHENNAI and IISC BANGALORE.
Which one of the above is better for Phd in computer science.
20th December 2012, 10:47 PM
Re: What is the procedure to pursue Ph.D in IIT Chennai and IISC Bangalore?
the procedure for persuing Ph.D from the prestigious IISc and IITs you need to follow up the procedure given below-
The procedure of admission under QIP(Quality Improvement Programme for the year 2013-2014) involves the following steps:
• Scrutiny of all applications in the office of the Principal Coordinator QIP.
• Short-listing by the QIP centres for interviews and dispatch of call letters to those selected for interviews.
• Recommendations by the QIP centres to NQCC.
• Final selection by the National QIP Coordination Committee (NQCC) and
• Offer of Admission by the Institution where the final selection has been recommended by NQCC.
The eligibilty criteria is as follows-
1. Only candidates (such as lecturers, readers, asst. professors, associate professors and professors) with a
minimum of three-years teaching experience as full-time regular/permanent teachers of AICTE approved Degree
level Engineering Institutions, National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and National Institutes of Technical
Teachers‟ Training and Research (NITTTRs) as on September 30, 2012 (Sunday) are eligible to apply.
Admissions to Ph.D. degree programme under QIP are open only to candidates with a basic degree in Engineering
or Technology or Architecture or such other qualification.
2. The candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by the individual Department (and/or the
Institution) to which admission is sought.
3. Computer Programmers, Systems Programmers, Workshop Staffs, Guest Lecturers, Visiting Lecturers, Teaching
Assistants, Ad-hoc/Contract or Part-time Teachers, Research Engineers, Scientific Officers, Technical Assistants,
and other such categories of staff are not eligible.
4. Teachers of the Major QIP Centres are not eligible.
5. Teachers of the Minor QIP Centres are eligible to apply to Major QIP Centres.
6. Teachers of the minor QIP Centres are permitted to apply for a field of specialization available in another minor
QIP centre, which is not available in their parent department on the specific recommendations of the Department‟s
and Institute‟s Head stating that a faculty in the particular specialization is required for their Institution. Candidates
completed M.Tech under QIP programme can not apply before completion of the bond period at their
|Names of the universities offering Ph.D in India and Abroad? What are the opportunities?||5||20th June 2014 09:04 PM|