29th July 2019, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

What should be the minimum qualification to apply for entrance exams like JRF, ARS and NET?

Sir, I have completed my Post Graduation from Industrial Fish & Fisheries, Bihar and my age is 38 years now. Can I apply for entrance examination such as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Agricultural Research Service (ARS) conducted by ICAR? And what about UGC NET? Am I eligible for NET?

31st August 2022, 09:32 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the minimum qualification to apply for entrance exams like JRF, ARS and NET?

Being 38 years old, you are not eligible for ICAR JRF (PGS) or ARS (Agricultural Research Services) Examination as the upper age limit for appearing in ICAR JRF (PGS) program is 30 years while that in case of ARS examination is 32 years. Further, there is provision of upper age limit relaxation of 3 years and 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST category candidates respectively. But, you can appear in ARS NET as there is no upper age limit for this examination.

For details regarding ICAR JRF (PGS) scheme, you can refer to the link while for details regarding the ICAR ARS examination, you can refer to the link http://www.asrb.org.in/,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?