1st December 2018, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

What should be the minimum qualification to be an Assistant Teacher in Universities?

I'm a last year B.A student. Am I eligible for exam of University Assistant Teacher? If not, then which further degree is required to be eligible?

3rd December 2018, 08:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the minimum qualification to be an Assistant Teacher in Universities?

Doctorate degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of assistant professor are equal in position..

In simple words I would say that the candidate must have completed Master's course in the relevant field in order to work as a Assistant Professor in a University but the candidate must have qualified in NET/SLET/SET examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?