1st December 2010, 01:15 PM
neha777

What are the things to be considered while filling the choices for counseling centers in IIT Form?

Hi,
what- what things are to be considered while filling up the choices for counselling center in iit form
plese specify.....i belong to obc(ncl)...
if i choose iit kanpur than am i not applicable for iit roorke or iit kharagpur as in iit form ,i am not understanding it...ALSO WHAT SHOULD I FILL...PLEASE SUGGEST....!!!!

23rd May 2011, 04:08 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What are the things to be considered while filling the choices for counseling centers in IIT Form?

First of all , you are free to apply at any IIT for counseling, there is restriction & requirement for that.
Its always better to choose the IIT campus which is nearest to your home.
And after you have applied for a particular one for example IIT Delhi, then you cannt attend counseling at any other IIT, you are bound to go Delhi, but that doesnt mean that you will be given IIT Delhi for studying, its just for counseling session.
19th July 2011, 02:51 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: What are the things to be considered while filling the choices for counseling centers in IIT Form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neha777 View Post
Hi,
what- what things are to be considered while filling up the choices for counselling center in iit form
plese specify.....i belong to obc(ncl)...
if i choose iit kanpur than am i not applicable for iit roorke or iit kharagpur as in iit form ,i am not understanding it...ALSO WHAT SHOULD I FILL...PLEASE SUGGEST....!!!!
dear friend,
counselling center is chosen only for doing counselling. it does not mean that you will get admission in that iit college only. at the counselling center, you will be free to choose any iit college of your choice. if your rank falls under the cut off of any iit college of your choice, then you will get admission in that college.
this means that even if you choose iit delhi as your counselling center, then also you can apply for any other iit college. you must choose that counselling center which is nearest to your house.
4th June 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the things to be considered while filling the choices for counseling centers in IIT Form?

sir, the registration number given in my admit card is showing invalid in the online registration form even though iam a shotlisted candidate with 12500 rank. What to do?
7th June 2012, 02:41 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

First of all , you are free to apply at any IIT for counseling, there is restriction & requirement for that.
Its always better to choose the IIT campus which is nearest to your home.
And after you have applied for a particular one for example IIT Delhi, then you cannt attend counseling at any other IIT, you are bound to go Delhi
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?