6th August 2018, 09:55 AM
Puneeth55

What type of fitness test is available under UPSC-IPS recruitment?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have completed my BCom course. I want to prepare for UPSC-IPS recruitment exam. I just want to know that what type of fitness test is there in this recruitment. Please let me know about the fitness test asap.

7th August 2018, 05:36 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What type of fitness test is available under UPSC-IPS recruitment?

After clearing the UPSC preliminary and mains exam, they’ll conduct a physical standard test and medical test.

There is no physical fitness test conducted after clearing the exam.
After Selection they will check the fitness of the candidate by running 10Kms in 60 minutes, route march for 25Kms, horse riding, Rock climbing, assault course, rope climbing and etc., tests will be conducted weekly for testing your fitness.

The physical standards which you need to clear after clearing the written exam are as follows:

- Height should be 165 Cms for male and 150 Cms for female. There is 5 Cms relaxation given for SC/ ST candidates.
- The weight should be proportional to height.
- The chest should be 85 Cms for males, 79 Cms for female and should increase up to 5 Cms when expanded.
- The eye sight should be clear i.e., 6/6 or 6/9 and can be correctable with spectacles.
- The teeth should be strong & permanent and should not have any any teeth diseases.
- The candidate should be physical fit and should not have any diseases.

For more details visit the official website of UPSC.
8th August 2018, 07:21 PM
grotesque

Default Re: What type of fitness test is available under UPSC-IPS recruitment?

Hi,

The Civil Services Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) have three stages i.e Preliminary, mains and personality test. After conducting personal interview, the physical fitness test is there. UPSC allot test date and hospital to each candidate for the physical test. On the specified date, candidate has to go for the physical test and obtained the report and submit with the commission then only the appointment letter will be alloted. The candidate, who after such medical examination as the Central Government or the Appointing Authority, by and large, may endorse, is not found fit then he will be disqualified. The main tests includes check the drugs contents in blood, if any, then hepitites, AIDS etc were examined and if the report is clear then a candidate will be selected.

Thanks & Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?