3rd January 2018, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Process to become an IAS/IFS/IPS officer?

Hello Sir/Madam. My name is Rahul Das. I'm from in Tripura. And I have completed my graduation from R.T.C college. Sir/Madam, my dream and wish to become an IAS/IFS/IPS officer. To serve and help other people. I am doing anything for my country and my nation. Sir/Madam, would you please help me and guide me what I do now. My [email protected]. And my phone number- 8730861638 / 9774515718. Thanks.

4th January 2018, 11:39 AM
babytara

Post Re: Process to become an IAS/IFS/IPS officer?

You shall be an Indian Administrative services Officer (IAS), Indian Police services Officer (IPS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS officer) through UPSC Civil Services exam.

Pattern of Civil Services Exam:

I. Preliminary exam:
Paper 1(General Studies-150 marks)
paper 2-( optional subjects-300 marks)

II. Mains Exam:
1. Essay type on Indian Language- 300 marks
2. English paper- 300 marks.
3. General essay paper- 200 marks
4. Optional subjects- 300 marks
5. General Study -300 marks

III. Interview
You are tested on the basis of your mental ability,personality.

Eligibility Criteria: One must have a degree from a recognized university.
4th January 2018, 06:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Process to become an IAS/IFS/IPS officer?

Procedure to become an IAS/ IPS/ IFS Officer:

In order to get into IPS/ IFS/ IAS services, you are required to follow the below mentioned steps.

>> To get into any of the above sectors, you are required to appear in Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> There are several services like IAS/ IFS/ IPS included in it and you are required to choose the services you are much interested in as your first preference.

>> The selection process consists of Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination which is followed by Personal Interview.

>> The basic educational qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in any stream to be eligible. I am providing you a link where you may find all the details about UPSC CSAT recruitment.

Click here for UPSC official website
4th January 2018, 09:31 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S/I.P.S/I.F.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

The examination is conducted in three stages:-

Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

So, you must do preparation as according to syllabus of examination. To get syllabus and other detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th January 2018, 09:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an IAS/IPS/IFS officer, you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed your graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university

> You must be an Indian citizen

> Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years for general candidates, 35 years and 37 years for OBC and SC/ST candidates

> You must have a height of 165 cms

> You must have a good eyesight

With this eligibility, you have to appear for Civil Services Examination. After qualifying the examination, you have to appear for physical test followed by personal interview.
4th January 2018, 09:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

One who wants to become an IAS officer or IPS officer must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University. After graduation the candidate has to apply for civil services examination and if qualified in that examination the candidate has to undergo personal interview.
4th January 2018, 10:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service )/ IPS ( Indian Police Service )/ IFS ( Indian Foreign Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Civil Services examinations are organised in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal interview respectively.

--> Further for appearing in Civil Services examination you must have following qualifications :-

i) You must hold the nationality of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your graduation degree course or must be pursuing the final year of same degree course in stream from a recognized university.

For for details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?