26th September 2010, 09:17 PM
saloni khurana

What types of questions are asked in placements aptitude written test and HR interviews?

i am doing computer science engineering,now i am in 3rd year(5 sem).
i just want to know how can i improve my english and what type of question asked in aptitude test and HR test .i am very tense about my job.
what are the other study option which can i do side by side to enhance my CV.

27th September 2010, 09:01 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What types of questions are asked in placements aptitude written test and HR interviews?

hi,
generally the questions asked in aptitude are reasoning,verbal and quantitative type,
you should follow barrons gre book,it will really help you.
you should short term industry friendly courses to enhance your cv,
also take part and arn as many certificates as possible in extra curricular activities
all the best
27th September 2010, 09:25 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Default Re: What types of questions are asked in placements aptitude written test and HR interviews?

well general ability at an elementary level is asked in campus entrance exams,,,if you get selected...then HRs usually ask questions on your course...bassically they take importance and look into your speaking skills and how presentable you are...

Good luck !!
28th September 2010, 06:29 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

you can improve your english by reading news papers and GRE
take RS agrawal for apptotute
ok dear
15th October 2010, 11:59 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

There is lot of time to prepare for your campus preparations dear! Don't worry for that.

Just regularly go through the daily news papers which will help you a lot in your english vocabulary, and as well as your general awareness.

For aptitude section,you can get some practice from the R.S.Aggarwal reasoning books which will help you a lot.

Try to carry on with your practice each day while doing your course studies.

And gradually you will know how to answer all the frequently asked HR questions through going some model HR questions and discussing them among your friends.

Just do these things regularly day by day. This will easily show you a success.

Good luck!
19th October 2010, 06:43 PM
aotiwari

Quote:
Originally Posted by saloni khurana View Post
i just want to know how can i improve my english and what type of question asked in aptitude test and HR test .i am very tense about my job.

Hi Saloni,

Firstly being tensed will not solve your problem, you need to put in
consistent efforts to improve.

Learning English is a Herculean Task what i used to feel,
but check out if it really is........
When you are learning english there are 4 aspects
1)Grammar
2)Vocabulary
3)Pronunciation
4)Expressions

You need to work out on individual things... and then club it.
say if i want to improve vocabulary, i have 10 different ways
to improve it, like reading, listening and many more so improve it first... and as soon as you feel that you have got proficiency into it jump to another aspect ( say Grammar) and then club the two while learning and so on.

So what do you feel, isn't it simple.

For Aptitude you can refer to RS Agrawal , Arun Sharma and
Freshersworld.com for papers and study material.

You can do extra courses like dotnet, certification courses, java certification...... to get an edge among others.

If you any questions do contact on [email protected]
8th November 2010, 06:08 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
For aptitude you must solve either RS agrawal or GRE Barron.
then solve previous placement papers of company itself.
For english daily read english news papers, watch english news channel and try to gain their postures and gestures while speaking.
There are some common question of HR prepare those questions
Take part in the competition of your hobby and gain some certificates to improve your CV.
8th November 2010, 11:07 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...
in placements,usually verbal ,non verbal,data interpretation,data insuffiency based problems will be asked...and general english also..
you can refer verbal and non verbal reasoning by RS AGARWAL...this will help you to clear the aptitude...

good luck..
10th November 2010, 01:02 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

there is no need of worry, i am providing you the knowledge about Aptitude test and HR interview according to best of my knowledge:
Aptitude Test:
This test will consist of very general questions…This is the easiest section Compared to the Other Two. If you have time refer to any Aptitude book of your interest…it may be R.S.AGARWAL or any Other……

INTERVIEWS:
Technical Interview…

The Interview is done by a Panel …. No need to worry.. They will be Very supporting & Friendly.. First they ask us to Introduce ourselves… then they’ll go into your project details… don’t forget to prepare project…. They mainly concentrate on your project only…so be confident on every aspect of your project… then you should have some basic knowledge on C language. There will be some questions like “what is the o/p of this code?”, “what are the errors in the code?”..like that… so be prepared for all the basic concepts.. , “Where do you see yourself in the next five years?”, “do you have any questions?”, try ask some questions… it shows your interest in the Company..

HR:
Now if Chase this one too…. Then comes your Final Attack.. the HR Round… I many times heard that “I failed in HR round!”.. likewise anwers…. But you should not fail in it.. because it involves no technical questions… it just dwell into your innerself… so, be confident and frank while facing this round…They generally ask questions like “Tell about yourself?”, “Who r your role models?”, “What is your weakness?”, don’t say “I Have no weakness!”, just prepare a small weakness for yourself that causes no harm to your future…O.K.. “What is your mother tongue?”

Best of luck
15th January 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

acctually i wanted to know what type of technical questions are asked in aptitude tests for dream companies like jp morgan and pangea3 and morgan stanley... i have been selected in accenture but i wanna try my best for dream companies too... I heard that in such companies aptitude tests involves more of writting programs and stuff.. so can u help me with some of egs...
thanku
15th January 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

acctually i wanted to know what type of technical questions are asked in aptitude tests for dream companies like jp morgan and pangea3 and morgan stanley... i have been selected in accenture but i wanna try my best for dream companies too... I heard that in such companies aptitude tests involves more of writting programs and stuff.. so can u help me with some of egs...
thanku
9th February 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

i want to knw wat type of technical questions are asked in idea cellular ltd
22nd February 2011, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that 12th pass candidates can not apply in IBM company?
3rd March 2011, 07:34 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What types of questions are asked in placements aptitude written test and HR interviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to know that 12th pass candidates can not apply in IBM company?
hello friend...

No you cannot apply for IBM just completing 12th grade... you have to graduation degree in your hand.. and IBM prefer for CSE and ECE graduates so just finish your 4yrs B.Tech in either of the stream and finish it with good score then sure you can apply for IBM...

All the Best for your future...
27th March 2011, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare myself from my 1st year to get placed in company's like IBM and TCS before completion of my viii semester?

thanks for your comment......
28th March 2011, 05:42 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What types of questions are asked in placements aptitude written test and HR interviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to prepare myself from my 1st year to get placed in company's like IBM and TCS before completion of my viii semester?

thanks for your comment......
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR PLACEMENTS FROM 1ST YEAR

Some of the tips to prepare for Campus Placement from the start of 1st year...

-> STUDY YOUR SUBJECTS WELL : Your course subjects are very important for placements.. From the start of 1st year try to study all the subjects with the interest to gain knowledge and not for marks alone.. because during the campus placement you will be having Technical round, where questions will be asked only from the subjects which you studied from your first year.

-> MAINTAIN GOOD AGGREGATE : From the start of 1st year, write your exams well and have a consistent of 75% above aggregate in your subjects so that you will be eligible for all the companies which comes for the placements... if you are going to have below 60 % then you wont be eligible to attend campus placements...

-> PREPARE APTITUDE DAILY : The first round for any campus placements will be aptitude round which you wont be able to prepare at the time of placements where you will be busy with your project, so try to prepare for aptitude daily right from your first year, there are several books which you can refer to study some of the recommended books like R.S.Agarwal(highly recommended) are as follows...

Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations
Price - Rs. 395
To buy Online CLICK HERE!!!

Ultimate Aptitude Tests (Assess Your Potential With Aptitude, Motivational (Over 1,000 Practice Tests))
Price - Rs. 195

Career, Aptitude And Selection Tests
Price - Rs. 163

Quantitative Aptitude
Price - Rs. 342

-> DEVELOP YOUR COMMUNICATION SKILLS : This is again very important for campus placement, start conversing in english to your friends from first year and improve your communication skills which helps you a lot to do well in your campus placements...

Some of the recommended books which might help you for improving your communication skills are as follows...

Communication Skills For Technical Students
Price - Rs. 195

Professional Communication Skills
Price - Rs. 130

Essential Of Communication Skills And Grammar
Price - Rs. 626

These are some of the important tips which you have to follow right from your first year to be placed in a good company in the end of the final year.. Am sure you will be

All the Best...
15th April 2011, 06:44 PM
aksavjeet
Member+

Quote:
You have to have a very good Communication skill as well as interpersonal skills.
Practice Aptitude questions. Have a practice of speaking english without any breaks. And on the Technical Side, have a deep knowledge of your Projects of Third Year & Final year.Apart from this , you are asked the fields you are interested in and then maybe questions from that can be asked.

for placement papers , cv details like what to have or what not to have on a resume and experience of other people you can visit this link:

http://placementpapers.net/helpingroot/
30th May 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

what are the questions are comming in optcl exam
14th September 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

hi I am the student of 5th sem computer engineering but I m almost unknown about the preparation of competitive exams for master degree & aptitude test .Can I start my preparation from now & if ans is yes then how could I start for it.From where I could get the good material
3rd January 2012, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

now am doing my b-tech 3rd year in eee branch.but i have interest in software. so,am in dilama what to do wheather software or hardware.
so,please tell me that can go to software field?
and for going to software,what are subjects i should learn?and what are the certificates i should posses?
if i go softwsre field,can i have good oppertunites as like that of cse branch?
15th March 2012, 04:44 PM
kaveribiswas

There is lot of time to prepare for your campus preparations dear! Don't worry for that.

Just regularly go through the daily news papers which will help you a lot in your english vocabulary, and as well as your general awareness.

For aptitude section,you can get some practice from the R.S.Aggarwal reasoning books which will help you a lot.

Try to carry on with your practice each day while doing your course studies.

And gradually you will know how to answer all the frequently asked HR questions through going some model HR questions and discussing them among your friends.

God luck................
13th August 2015, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Im doing bcom computer application 3rd year 5th sem I'm so tensed in placement exams, interview etc. I don't what kind of questions they asked. And now itself I cannot take any improvement in English skills, aptitude pls help me how to improve my self for campus
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?