2nd July 2012, 08:14 PM
bojja pradeep

What is the work profile for a mechanical engineer?

what is the work profile for mechanical engineer?.....please tell me what is it

Related Questions:
  1. What will be the work profile of a Mechanical Engineer?
  2. List of Companies that I can work as Mechanical Engineer?
  3. Which will be the best option for me to change the job profile to HR by doing MBA course or carrying on with the same profile being a candidate of working as Systems Engineer with TCS from 3 years?
  4. How to work as mechanical engineer? What is the minimum salary?
  5. Roles and Responsibilities of Mechanical Engineer in BEL?
  6. How to become a marine engineer after completing Mechanical Engineering? Age limit for working on ships?
  7. In which company can a mechanical engineering diploma student can work?
  8. How should I work in oil refinery field after completing B.E mechanical engineering?
  9. What is the procedure to do MS mechanical if I am a mechanical engineer
  10. What will be the work profile of IES Mechanical Officer in Various fields? What is the format of interview? What type of questions do we have to face?
  11. Which is a good branch of engineering among the follow? Which has a better scope in future?
  12. How can I become a marine engineer if I have sight problems? What are the alternative requirement as a marine engineer? I have 70% in B.Tech mechanical
  13. How to do masters in mechanical engineering? Which country is better for the same?
  14. Scope of Mechanical engineering in the coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What's the future of electrical and mechanical engineer in IT companies? Are they spoiling their carrier by doing so?
  16. Job in Navy Sciences after B.Tech?
  17. Suitable jobs in Karnataka for Mechanical engineer?
  18. Job opportunities for B.E. Mechanical Engineer? -- [New]
27th November 2012, 01:57 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the work profile for a mechanical engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojja pradeep View Post
what is the work profile for mechanical engineer?.....please tell me what is it
Dear,

In mechanical engineering you have to understand how things that you can't exactly see works by studying about heat exchange, thermodynamics, combustion,machines etc...

After completing your mechanical engineering you can work on power plants, refrigeration and motors.You can also work on aircraft, spacecraft, automobiles, boats, various instruments, consulting, product design, alternative energy...and so on.

Mechanicalis a vast field and required in every industry ranging fromprivate sectors like:
  1. Maruti
  2. Lurgi
  3. Tech mahindra
  4. L&T..etc

To public sectors like:
  1. DRDO
  2. ONGC
  3. IOCL
  4. BHEL
  5. GAIL
  6. SAIL
  7. BEL
  8. RAILWAYS
  9. HAL.. etc

Some IT companies hire mechanical engineers for the post of software engineers also. They are:
  1. TCS
  2. Infosys
  3. Wipro..etc

So as you can see you have the whole world to work for as a mechanical engineer but you need to be alert and make yourself a deserving candidate.

Best of luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?