16th June 2012, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

When will I get to know the merit list number of OBC?

When will i get to know my merit list no in obc???...please tell me

20th September 2013, 06:47 PM
Mattyjkk

Default Re: When will I get to know the merit list number of OBC?

Rank List

For each test paper in JAM 2013, separate rank lists, on the basis of written test will be prepared for candidates in General, OBC (non-creamy layer), SC, ST and PD categories.

NOTE: To OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates
I. OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates need not submit any category certificate along with the OMR Application Form/Online Application form.

II. The category rank in a JAM paper for JAM 2013 qualified candidates will be prepared based on the category declaration by the candidate in his/her application form. The relevant certificate will not be accepted after 30 April, 2013 under any circumstances. The final seat allotment will be done based on the OBC certificate (in the prescribed format) submitted along with application form for admission. The candidate will be considered in the General Category in case of non-compliance of OBC noncreamy layer certificate with the prescribed format.

Tie-Breaking: The tie-breaking criterion for awarding the ranks to candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper will be as follows:

(a) For Fully Objective Type Test Papers: The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a higher rank. If this criterion fails to break ties, the candidates concerned will be awarded the same rank.

(b) For Objective-cum-Descriptive Type Test Papers: The candidate having higher score in the subjective questions (both fill in the blank and descriptive) of the test paper shall be given a higher rank. If this criterion fails to break ties, the candidates concerned will be awarded the same rank.

2. Merit List

The results (merit lists) will be declared at 17:00 hrs on 10 April 2013. The results will be available on the website: http://gate.iitd.ac.in/jam.

For each test paper, an All India merit list will be prepared. Separate merit lists will be prepared for OBC (noncreamy layer), SC, ST and PD category candidates. The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List will depend on the total number of seats available in a given subject.

These candidates (henceforth called qualified candidates) are eligible to apply for admission to any of the corresponding academic programmes available ( Appendix-I) at IISc, Bangalore & IITs.

The Score Card (indicating the All India Rank(s) and the mark(s) obtained by the Candidate) will be sent to the candidates appearing in merit list.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?