18th November 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

When will be the NATA Exam? Which Books I have to refer for this Exam?

when the NATA exam v'll start?
which book i have to refer?
any classes for studying for nata??/

18th November 2011, 04:48 PM
Jenittarajashree

Thumbs up Re: When will be the NATA Exam? Which Books I have to refer for this Exam?

Hello friend,

NATA Syllabus

The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test for two hours and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test for one hour.

The test measures aptitude of the candidate through two sections – a paper based section for drawing and computer based section for aesthetic sensitivity.

Drawing Test

This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt two questions. One of the questions has two sub questions.

The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects -
  • Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
  • Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
  • Sense of perspective drawing.
  • Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
  • Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
  • Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition.
  • Understanding of scale and proportions.
  • Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.

Aesthetic Sensitivity Test

This is computer based test of one hour where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions.

The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication
along with architectural awareness and comprises of -
  • Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
  • Visualising different sides of three dimensional objects.
  • Indentifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
  • Analytical reasoning.
  • Mental Ability.
  • Imaginative comprehension and expression.
  • Architectural awareness.

Reference Books for NATA
  • Architecture Entrance Book by P.K. Mishra
  • Arihant Book’s A Complete Self Study Guide for B. Arch Entrance Examinations
  • B Arch Exam Guide by PK Mishra
  • Engineering Drawing by N.D.Bhatt and Pancha
  • NATA/AIEE B.Arch. Question Bank-2011
  • Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning Book by R.S. Agarwal

Herewith I have attached the question papers.

Kindly download them from the attachments.

You should solve the question papers in the instructed time limit.
This will help you building confidence in the exam and also you will get to know your weaknesses.

All the Best.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-NATA Sample Paper 1.pdf(166.7 KB, 374 views)
File Type: docx NATA 2011 Sample Papers.docx(10.7 KB, 221 views)
19th November 2011, 12:51 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: When will be the NATA Exam? Which Books I have to refer for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when the NATA exam v'll start?
which book i have to refer?
any classes for studying for nata??/

INFORMATION ABOUT NATA EXAM

NATA exam happens most of the working days till September 25th depending upon the test centres..

-> As now it's November month there won't be any NATA exam happening till December.. You have to wait till the end of December from next year January the exam will start...

-> To know more about the exam, registration and test centre's online CLICK HERE!!!

-> To know about the NATA centre's online CLICK HERE!!!

-> I have attached the list of books and list of centre's to take class for NATA in this post for your reference.. check it out if needed...

-> Also attached the tentative syllabus and tips to prepare for NATA in this post for your reference.. check if needed...

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum...

Quote:
"I do not know anyone who has gotten to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but it will get you pretty near."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011 sample papers.pdf(8.7 KB, 165 views)
File Type: pdf NATA - 3 sample questoin papers.pdf(166.7 KB, 163 views)
File Type: pdf NATA - Exam syllabus.pdf(17.0 KB, 169 views)
File Type: pdf NATA preparation.pdf(7.6 KB, 154 views)
File Type: pdf NATA Reference Books and Class details.pdf(16.2 KB, 198 views)
19th November 2011, 05:40 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When will be the NATA Exam? Which Books I have to refer for this Exam?

The exam date of NATA has already been over as the candidates can submit their forms only upto the month of september.So you can appear for the exam in next year positively.

The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test for two hours and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test for one hour.
The test measures aptitude of the candidate through two sections – a paper based section for drawing and computer based section for aesthetic sensitivity.

You can refer the following books for this exam as under-

1. Architecture Entrance Book by P.K. Mishra

2. Arihant Book’s A Complete Self Study Guide for B. Arch Entrance Examinations

3. B Arch Exam Guide by PK Mishra

4. Engineering Drawing by N.D.Bhatt and Pancha

5. NATA/AIEE B.Arch. Question Bank-2011

6. Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning Book by R.S. Agarwal
19th November 2011, 07:52 PM
rony

Default Re: When will be the NATA Exam? Which Books I have to refer for this Exam?

P.S: b.arch book of arihant is the best book as far as i am concern.. i have also read it and i have secured 1st rank in state and 60th in all india ranking.. but i didnt gave nata that time... but this book is worth while...
19th May 2013, 11:01 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

The National Aptitude Test in Architecture is held for the admission of students into the graduate level programs in Architecture. This examination is conducted by the National Institute of Advanced studies in Architecture, New Delhi.

Structure of the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA):

The time period of this test is 3 hours. The exam has 2 parts.
Paper Based Drawing Test.
Computer Based Online Aesthetic Sensitivity Test.
Negative marking is absent in this exam. The paper carries a total of 200 marks. Those who secure more than 100 marks will get admittance to the institution of their choice.

NATA Exam Syllabus:

As mentioned above, the NATA has two parts.

The first part, Paper Based Drawing Test, has duration of two hours. The paper will carry 2 questions. These questions will have two sub questions.
The second part, Computer Based Aesthetic Sensitivity Test, has a time period of two hours. The paper will have 40 questions with 3-4 options each.

Reference Books for NATA Preparation:

Architecture Entrance Book by P. K. Mishra.
Arihant Book’s A Complete Self Study Guide for B. Arch Entrance Examinations.
B Arch Exam Guide by P. K Mishra.
NATA/AIEE B.Arch. Question Bank-2011.
Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning Book by R. S. Agarwal.
19th June 2014, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

I was appearing in NATA exam-2014 & my score was 73. Can I appear in NATA exam-2014 again ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?