16th November 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

While in 3rd year computer science am I eligible to give the CDS entrance exam through university entry scheme?

Hello,
I am a student of B.Tech Third year(Computer Science ).
Am i eligible to give the C.D.S. exam through the University Entry Scheme.

16th November 2011, 06:53 PM
mahi 16

Default Re: While in 3rd year computer science am I eligible to give the CDS entrance exam through university entry scheme?

yes you are eligible for CDSE if you are fulfilling other requirment
necessary to apply for the examination.
like your age is not more than 27.
11th June 2012, 03:31 PM
mnbgvs

Default Re: While in 3rd year computer science am I eligible to give the CDS entrance exam through university entry scheme?

Yes your eligible to apply for CDS Examination only after completing B.tech course .

CDS stand for Combined Defence and this Examination is conducted by the UPSC for every twice in a year . CDS conducts Entrance Examination for four wings , Army Wing / Navy Wing / Aiforce Wing / Officer Training Wing .

The Selection procedure for CDS Examination based on the Written Examination and Interview and Physical Standard .

To apply for CDS Examination you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . But If you interested to apply for Airforce and Navy academy you should complete Bachelor degree in science stream or bachelor degree Engineering course from recognized university . Then only the candidate eligible to apply for Navy and Aiforce Academy . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for CDS Examination .

Note :- There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for CDS Examination, If your qualified in Bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for CDS Examination .

Only male candidate are eligible to apply for this wings Army, Navy and Aiforce . Female candidates are not eligible to apply for this Examination . But Officer training academy both the Female candidate and Male candidate are eligible

Age Limit for CDS Examination :-

-------------------------------------------
For Army academy 19 year to 24 years
For Airforce Academy 19 years to 23 years
For Navy Academy 19 years to 22 years
For Officer Training Academy 19 years to 25 years .

The Notification for CDS Examination may Published in Employment news papers and Official website of UPSC . You may apply for this Examination both the online as well as offline . you buy the examination application form the post office with the cost of Rs :- 50 .

Notification for CDS Examination (2) :-

----------------------------------------
Date of Notification :- 02.06.2012
Last Date for Receipt of Applications :- 02.07.2012
Date of Examination :- 16.09.2012

11th June 2012, 09:06 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes you are eligible for the CDS exam. While pursuing the b.tech finaly year candidates.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by the union public service commission twice in a year.

i.e, CDS-I and CDS-II

CDS has three wings

Indian Military Academy

Navy

Indian Air force

Eligibility criteria:

Nationality:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

Educational Qualification:

The candidate must have complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

The science stream candidates eligible for the indian air force and navy.

Age limit:

Indian Military Academy:

age is 19 to 24 years.

Navy:

age is 19 to 23 years

indian Air force:

age is 19 to 24 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

Notification for the CDS-II:

Date of Notification :-

Last Date for Receipt of
Applications :-

Date of Examination :-

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
20th July 2012, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.Tech(Computer Science) 3rd year student, am i eligible to give the SSB through University Entry Scheme being female??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?