11th September 2013, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Will I get entry in Merchant Navy after completing diploma in civil engineering

After completing my diploma in Civil Engineering, will i get the entry in Merchant Navy?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for merchant navy after doing diploma in civil? How can I do B.Tech in future? -- [New]
  2. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  3. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Eligibility to join Merchant Navy or Indian Air Force after completing diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma course?
  7. Can I join merchant navy after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in mechanical engineering from Mumbai University
  9. How to join B.Arch in Lateral entry after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  10. How to make entry into Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? List of top colleges to join this course?
  11. Am i eligible to join the merchant navy as an engineer after completing diploma in mechanical Engineering?
  12. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Is Merchant navy course better than Civil Engineering? What is the scope in Merchant Navy?
  14. How to enter Merchant Navy after Electrical Engineering? Is there a good scope in it?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in automobile with 70%
  17. Am I eligible to apply for Army, Navy and Airforce after completing 10th+diploma+B.E civil engineering
  18. Am I eligible for junior engineering merchant navy after completing 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering and 6 months pre sea training

12th September 2013, 10:12 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get entry in Merchant Navy after completing diploma in civil engineering

Merchant Navy is quite different from the Navy which has the responsibility of securing our coastal border. Merchant Navy is all about trade. Around 90 percent of trade across the world is done through sea.

This is where Merchant Navy comes into picture. The export/import of crude oil, heavy machinery etc is all done via sea. And this is the responsibility of Merchant Navy.

It is quite a attractive career, where you not only get to see the world but at the same time the salary is quite attractive. Then there are additional perks which is offered to officers. It includes bringing your wife on the voyage.

Since you have completed diploma in Civil Engineering I am afraid to say that you are not eligible for the Merchant Navy. Please see the criteria below.

Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th standard.

2. Subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

3. Candidate should be unmarried at the time of applying.

4. Age limit is 20 years.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

If you are meeting the criteria above, then you can apply for either B.Sc Nautical Science or the Marine Engineering course. After completing either of the two courses, you can actually apply for officer level job in Merchant Navy.

Direct Entry

1. You can apply for Deck Cadet after finishing 12th with PCM. It will require a 3 months long pre sea training which is generally arranged by the company upon selecting the candidate.

2. Those who have completed Engineering in Electrical/Mechanical/Technology are also eligible for the Merchant Navy. They simply have to complete pre sea course in Marine Engineering from MERI. The duration of this course is 9 months.

Now what you need to do is that take admission for the B.Tech in either Electrical or Mechanical stream. After which you can be eligible for Merchant Navy but not now. If you completed B.Tech in Civil, then you won't be eligible for Merchant Navy.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?