8th March 2014, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for merchant navy after doing diploma in civil? How can I do B.Tech in future?

Sir, I have done my 10th this year now I'm doing diploma course of three years of the time span 3years.
Now what I want to know is can I do merchant navy after this diploma course in civil engineering?
I want to know the procedure.
2) how will I do my btech or further studies of mine?

10th March 2014, 10:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for merchant navy after doing diploma in civil? How can I do B.Tech in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have done my 10th this year now I'm doing diploma course of three years of the time span 3years.
Now what I want to know is can I do merchant navy after this diploma course in civil engineering?
I want to know the procedure.
2) how will I do my btech or further studies of mine?
Hey friend,

Merchant Navy is a non-combatant commercial fleet, which deals with transporting cargo

No,you cannot join in Merchant Navy which needs candidates to satisfy in order to apply for joining in Merchant Navy and the courses and their eligibility criteria are:

For joining in Merchant Navy,the candidate must have done courses like:

# B.E Marine Engineering
# M.E Marine Engineering
# B.sc Nautical Science

>> The candidate should be a Citizen of India as per the Nationality Standard.

B.E Marine Engineering:

The duration for this course is 4 years and for for joining in this course the candidate must have completed respected +2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as subjects.

B.sc Nautical Science:

The duration for this course is 3 years and for eligibility joining in this course the candidate must have completed respected +2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a fair percentage.

M.E Marine Engineering:

The duration for this course is 2 years and for for joining in this course the candidate must have completed B.E Marine Engineering with a fair percentage.

It is better that you join in any of these courses and then apply for joining in Merchant Navy.

ALL THE BEST
4th May 2014, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for merchant navy after doing diploma in civil? How can I do B.Tech in future?

Sir, just cleared 10th , i want to take admission in diploma marine engineering after clearing it on which post i join merchant navy????
5th May 2014, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

sir I want to take admission in marine engg after clearing my civil diploma in this year which type requirement do u have.....
2nd July 2017, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

I am B-Tech Civil Engineering having 1.5 year experience in building construction, now I want to join Merchant Navy, do I eligible for , if yes , how I can join, I will complete my 25 years age in Nov.2017.
Regards
Parikshit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?